TT: The Orioles are a mediocre team

Tony-OH

They were great in April and mediocre in May. I think I'll wait until July 1 before I declare them one way or the other.

Or you could say they were amazing the first seven games of the season and mediocre since. ;)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or you could say they were amazing the first seven games of the season and mediocre since. ;)
You could say that to support your narrative, but they were 26 and 15 through May 21 and 2 and 7 from May 22-31, so you could also say this is a knee jerk reaction to a bad patch. :P

Maybe. But I doubt a mediocre starter wins us the division.

So you're saying Scott Feldman wouldn't make a difference? Now that would be funny. Funny in that we're giving up more to get him again and funny that he would be an improvement over Wright and Ubaldo.

You could say that to support your narrative, but they were 26 and 15 through May 21 and 2 and 7 from May 22-31, so you could also say this is a knee jerk reaction to a bad patch. :P

Perhaps, but my sample size is bigger. :P

Wow, terrrible dWAR again. My eyes tell me that Parra and Rickard look good in the OF. Apparently they are more like Harold Baines and Travis Snider is Kenny Lofton.

My eyes weren't impressed by Parra's defense last year. He came in advertised as very good, and I was underwhelmed by what I saw.

To my eyes, Rickard looks average to slightly above average in LF/RF.

Orioles must be the best team in baseball right now if we want to go knee jerk reaction right?

"Mediocre" team who just split with the hottest team in baseball (and is up 4-3 on them for the season), is on pace to win 93 games as a LOW point thus far, and is a game back of the AL East Lead.

I'll take that mediocre team any day of the week.

IDK but we got a good reverse jinx thread going. 2-0

And I am licking my chops for the 3 vs Yankees next, I bet team is too.

They are scuffling big time with losing 3 in a row, ARod playing like hot garbage, injuries.....although looks like they will pull out tonight's game 5-3 in 8th.

Bring them on and let's really get this thing back on track.

In all seriousness, these two games don't disprove that the Orioles are a mediocre team. However, they do show that this is a very resilient team that won't collapse at the first sign of trouble. They'll be fun to follow.

Archived