Royals looking to move Ventura on heels of brawl

BohKnowsBmore

I love this forum but man it's a waste of time. Some of the propopsed trades on here aren't realistic. You wouldn't give up a major prospect for a starting pitcher under team control who throws 99?

I'm not sure if I make the trade but if KC trades him they will get top prospects for him. That's what Ventura is - a top prospect who has won a game in the WSeries.

They are not getting top prospects for him. Not even close.

12:17

Anonymous Coward: What is Yordano Ventura?s trade value, given his troubles this season and his terrible attitude?

12:17

Dave Cameron: Basically zero.

12:42

Timmay: Ventura?s contract seems cheap enough to just put him in the bullpen and turn him into an ?ace? reliever, no? He seems like exactly the type of guy that would work for.

12:43

Dave Cameron: Agreed, but an immature unlikable bullpen conversion isn?t exactly a great trade chip.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/dave-cameron-fangraphs-chat-6816/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love this forum but man it's a waste of time. Some of the propopsed trades on here aren't realistic. You wouldn't give up a major prospect for a starting pitcher under team control who throws 99?

I'm not sure if I make the trade but if KC trades him they will get top prospects for him. That's what Ventura is - a top prospect who has won a game in the WSeries.

Who is also highly unstable, probably in need of medicine and/or therapy to exist in normal society. I wouldn't take him for free.

That's actually kinda funny. Tell you what though, the guys you hate the most while on another team sometimes make the best teammates. In Venture that might not be the case, but if he could be had for something like Wright, Mancini and Lee, I'd make that trade and hope Buck can get him to mature.

Woah, all three of those guys? He's been pitching poorly and he sounds like damaged goods at this point. That actually sounds a bit rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woah, all three of those guys? He's been pitching poorly and he sounds like damaged goods at this point. That actually sounds a bit rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want him. But that's me.

You really don't think Yost (or other Royals) had a stern talking to with Ventura after the game last night? It's a 100% certainty that they did.

Ventura already has a reputation for doing this, and missed beanng Manny a few times previously. I doubt Ventura is being told anything. Ventura denys intentionally hitting Manny by the way.

i am pretty surprised so many people want to trade for ventura if the price is right. Integrity is about doing the right thing all the time, even in situations where it doesn't help the end goal (winning a ws). Ventura is a bad guy who does things the wrong way. The orioles preach and believe in doing things the right way. If you trade for him, you undermine all the time, effort, and energy put into buck's message over the past 4 years. Being hypocritical is the opposite of acting with integrity. Some things are more important than talent.

I wouldn't pick up ventura for free if he were available.

Sent from my ipad using tapatalk

amen amen amen amen

I am pretty surprised so many people want to trade for Ventura if the price is right. Integrity is about doing the right thing all the time, even in situations where it doesn't help the end goal (winning a WS). Ventura is a bad guy who does things the wrong way. The Orioles preach and believe in doing things the right way. If you trade for him, you undermine all the time, effort, and energy put into Buck's message over the past 4 years. Being hypocritical is the opposite of acting with integrity. Some things are more important than talent.

I wouldn't pick up Ventura for free if he were available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is what 25 years of failing to develop a starting pitcher and having a rotation of Wright, Jimenez, Gallardo and Wilson will do.

That is what 25 years of failing to develop a starting pitcher and having a rotation of Wright, Jimenez, Gallardo and Wilson will do.

Yet we're talking about getting a pitcher who would need to be "reformed" and further developed. It's obviously not our strong suit, so why bother?

Archived