Manny Machado Suspended for 4 Games

OFFNY

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So its possible he only misses one start

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MLB announces that Ventura has received a nine-game suspension for intentionally throwing at Machado and fighting. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">June 9, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't really see the point of giving a starting pitcher a nine-game suspension. It's no different from six in terms of its practical effect, except in terms of missed salary (well, at least there's that).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hardy took BP, hit in cage and took grounders in Sarasota today. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 9, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Complete BS!!

Are the people in MLB stupid or do they just refuse to acknowledge the fact a starting pitcher only plays once every 5 days?

Oh nevermind....players union.

Honestly, I care a lot more about Manny's suspension than I do about Ventura's. I'd rather have it be 4 for Manny and 9 for Ventura than, say, 7 for Manny and 20 for Ventura. We don't play KC again this year so his suspension doesn't affect us in any direct way. They play Boston, New York, Tampa and Toronto a total of 15 times and I hope Ventura pitches a shutout against each one!

First off, glad Manny will probably get only a 3 game suspension after the appeal.

Second, MLB's hands are tied when it comes to suspending starting pitchers. Theoretically, even though Ventura is a starting pitcher, he can actually pitch any day. Therefore, you're never going to see a starting pitcher suspended for 20 games.

Honestly, I care a lot more about Manny's suspension than I do about Ventura's. I'd rather have it be 4 for Manny and 9 for Ventura than, say, 7 for Manny and 20 for Ventura. We don't play KC again this year so his suspension doesn't affect us in any direct way. They play Boston, New York, Tampa and Toronto a total of 15 times and I hope Ventura pitches a shutout against each one!

I get all that but it is still ridiculous.

Pitchers basically get a free pass, and this will never end if that doesn't change.

Next thing you know we (or any team for that matter) have a guy get a broken wrist (hmmm) coming down the stretch which hurts them while the clown pitcher misses A start.

Maybe Manny and Ventura can patch things up at the World Baseball Classic when they most likely will be playing on the same team! Ventura will probably be on the Dominican team that Manny says he is going to play for next year. Will be a little interesting.

Archived