• Gallardo to pen, leave rotation as is
    • Ubaldo to pen, Gallardo joins the rotation
    • DFA Ubaldo, eat up his remaining salary
    • Option Tyler Wilson, Gallardo takes his place
    • Option Mike Wright, Gallardo takes his place
    • Option TJ McFarland
    • Option Mychal Givens
    • Other (explain)

Ubaldo to pen, Gallardo to the rotation.

Ubaldo's problems are between the ears... use him situationally... make him pitch everything down.

Pull him after one retired batter... let him rebuild some confidence..

I know Gallardo is the unknown but My gut tells me Ubaldo is better sadly.

DD screwed the pooch.

I'd like at the Cuban pitcher in AAA or converting a reliever on a buy low from other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Gallardo is the unknown but My gut tells me Ubaldo is better sadly.

DD screwed the pooch.

I'd like at the Cuban pitcher in AAA or converting a reliever on a buy low from other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly wouldn't mind throwing TJ out for a few starts every now and again.

Is this what we think should happen or will happen?

Since they have already announced Ubaldo as the Sunday starter, it appears to me that the move is Wilson to AAA with Gallardo in the rotation and Ubaldo hanging by a thread.

That could easily change. Starter announcements are not written in stone. It depends upon when Gallardo gets off the DL.

That could easily change. Starter announcements are not written in stone. It depends upon when Gallardo gets off the DL.

Gallardo is pitching for Norfolk Monday. Buck says he hopes to join the Oriole rotation on June 18th.

I'm not going to vote because it's clear Gallardo won't return until June 18, and in the interim, Ubaldo is scheduled to make two more starts, and Wright and Wilson will make one each. Those starts will be taken into account, as well as Gallardo's June 13 rehab start, in whatever decision is made.

I think there are two options that can be taken off the table, however. One, there is no way Ubaldo will be DFA. That might be an option six weeks from now if the rest of the rotation including Gallardo settles in and it's clear Ubaldo hasn't regrouped, but we certainly aren't going to do it before Gallardo makes several starts and shows he can outperform Ubaldo. Two, there is no way we are optioning Givens to the minors. He's far too valuable a member of our bullpen.

I'm not going to vote because it's clear Gallardo won't return until June 18, and in the interim, Ubaldo is scheduled to make two more starts, and Wright and Wilson will make one each. Those starts will be taken into account, as well as Gallardo's June 13 rehab start, in whatever decision is made.

I think there are two options that can be taken off the table, however. One, there is no way Ubaldo will be DFA. That might be an option six weeks from now if the rest of the rotation including Gallardo settles in and it's clear Ubaldo hasn't regrouped, but we certainly aren't going to do it before Gallardo makes several starts and shows he can outperform Ubaldo. Two, there is no way we are optioning Givens to the minors. He's far too valuable a member of our bullpen.

I think Roch said it best, there is movement within the Org that is willing to DFA Ubaldo, but only, if there is a clear replacement available and right now there isn't.

Gallardo is pitching for Norfolk Monday. Buck says he hopes to join the Oriole rotation on June 18th.

I didn't see the Buck comment, that's helpful. About what I thought. Ubaldo still in the rotation for now. With the off day on 6/13, they can skip Wilson or Ubaldo and Gallardo would be lined up for the spot on 6/18.

I have a feeling that Ubaldo has done enough in his last two starts to keep his spot, and optioning Wilson would allow us to keep to two LHPs in the bullpen, whereas Ubaldo would require us to DFA Duensing or option TJ, neither of which I think Buck is going to want to do.

They have the option to send down Wilson today.

Gausman FRI

wright Sat

ubaldo Sun

No game Monday

Tillman Tuesday

Gausman Wed

Wright Thur

Ubaldo Friday

Gallardo Saturday June 18

Tillman Sunday

They have the opportunity to bring up a BP arm for the next week if they choose.

Archived