anyone else not sold on Sherrill as closer?

DocJJ

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really think he makes a better setup guy/LOOGY than closer.

He gave up a double after he should have got strike three IMO, it was a borderline call.

I imagine the rain didn't help him tonight either. He recovered though and we won so as long as he can keep his composure he'll be fine.

I really think he makes a better setup guy/LOOGY than closer.

What an opportune time to resurrect your thread. I didn't see the game on tv but wasn't it windy as hell and flat out pissing the rain? And yet he still closed the game out. Frickin' bum!!

He gave up a double after he should have got strike three IMO, it was a borderline call.

I imagine the rain didn't help him tonight either. He recovered though and we won so as long as he can keep his composure he'll be fine.

Yeah but if they weren't playing in a tsunami that double would have been a homerun and a blown save. Sherril's fine but I think his value as a closer will be inflated and we should look to trade him at the deadline.

and blown save if they weren't playing in a tornado.

Actually, hitters are only batting .183 against him. It's the WALKS that are absolutely killing him.

I think he's a fine reliever, but he's going to make every 9th inning an adventure. I might entertain the idea of putting JJ in at closer.

and blown save if they weren't playing in a tornado.

Actually, hitters are only batting .183 against him. It's the WALKS that are absolutely killing him.

I think he's a fine reliever, but he's going to make every 9th inning an adventure. I might entertain the idea of putting JJ in at closer.

People keep saying stuff like this. Why did this bad weather only effect the Royals? Weren't the Orioles playing in the same weather? If the weather was knocking down balls hit by the Royals was it not knocking down balls hit by the Orioles too?

Archived