Going by what Buck said, I assume Jimenez will keep getting thrown out there (To the Pen)

Dark Helmet

Where are the Buck comments? Don't see it on Roch's blog.

I bet they are waiting to see what happens with Gallardo. If he has a decent start tomorrow, Gallardo comes up and takes Ubaldo's spot and start on the 18th when he is scheduled to be activated.

Depending on how Wilson does, he either goes to the minors when Gallardo is activated, or Duensing is DFA when Ubaldo goes to the bullpen.

Melewski has it:

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/06/buck-showalter-ubaldo-jimenez-and-more-after-os-loss-in-toronto.html

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think his use of the bullpen these last two games has been a shot across the bow. McFarland and Deunsing.

Who's the one making the calls to call up McFarland and Duensing? Who signed Duensing? Not Buck.

These are Duquette decisions whether you want to admit them or not.

Who's the one making the calls to call up McFarland and Duensing? Who signed Duensing? Not Buck.

These are Duquette decisions whether you want to admit them or not.

Which is my point. Buck is saying to Dan these are the guys you give me so I have to use them. See how good they are they can't even get LH hitters out. But thanks for trolling.

I think its time to take a look, for whatever innings he can give us this year, at Dylan Bundy.It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see he was being pushed to go extra last week and to some good results. Yeah, he could get lit up here and there, but how much worse could it be than Ubaldo and Wright? Besides, there would be a limit to innings pitched. If he threw 47 pitches the other day, whats to say he couldnt give us 75 pitches in 4 solid innings as a "semi starter"?Even a 2-3 run 4-5 inning perfomance today wouldve probably given us a chance to win the game. Hes capable of that.

Bundy's inning cap would be at most 85. If he's going to be a starter you don't want to do it now. Otherwise he'll be done for the season in like 2 months at most. And that's with only letting him go 4-5 innings.

Here we go, got the answer!! Put Chris Davis into the rotation. :smile11:

He could pitch every fifth day and still bat the other four. And if his day to pitch is inter-league, whoa! He would give you more than 1/3 inning, that's for sure.

?Two issues. His stuff is not very crisp and he can?t command the baseball right now,? Showalter said. ?That is a bad combination. We are supposed to hit targets and he is missing the width of the plate. Stuff isn?t very crisp. That is a bad combination against a good hitting team.?

That's about as negative as I have seen Buck be of a player. If that is what he thinks of Ubaldo, I can't imagine him getting another start any time soon.

Doesn't every team go through stretches where they can't put 2 and 2 together,? Yes, DD made some mistakes. He also has done well for us. Ubaldo is Garbo because he went back to his old mechanics for some stupid reason. Gallardo's track record against our division is great, which is why we signed him. I'm not saying anyone has bad points here, it's just that everyone here is being manic depressive. Relax, the SP will get better. We should have a better record because if JJ hadn't been hurt, we'd be ok. Errors wouldn't have been committed and those hinder us sometimes worse then our SP does. This team will show what it's made of come the dog days of July and August.

Doesn't every team go through stretches where they can't put 2 and 2 together,? Yes, DD made some mistakes. He also has done well for us. Ubaldo is Garbo because he went back to his old mechanics for some stupid reason. Gallardo's track record against our division is great, which is why we signed him. I'm not saying anyone has bad points here, it's just that everyone here is being manic depressive. Relax, the SP will get better. We should have a better record because if JJ hadn't been hurt, we'd be ok. Errors wouldn't have been committed and those hinder us sometimes worse then our SP does. This team will show what it's made of come the dog days of July and August.

Gallardo's track record against the division might be great...back when he was throwing mid 90s. He can barely hit 90 right now.

The thing about the starting rotation is that 2 out of the 5 were huge question marks (Wright, Wilson) and 1 was just an inconsistent mess (Ubaldo). Gallardo was signed to be a guy that could throw 93-94mph and be durable. Yet this year he was throwing 88mph and has been hurt.

The rotation has been bad for more than a month. I'm not sure why you're optimistic. It was the one big problem with this team going into OD....the rotation. Yet here we are.

Gallardo's track record against the division might be great...back when he was throwing mid 90s. He can barely hit 90 right now.

The thing about the starting rotation is that 2 out of the 5 were huge question marks (Wright, Wilson) and 1 was just an inconsistent mess (Ubaldo). Gallardo was signed to be a guy that could throw 93-94mph and be durable. Yet this year he was throwing 88mph and has been hurt.

The rotation has been bad for more than a month. I'm not sure why you're optimistic. It was the one big problem with this team going into OD....the rotation. Yet here we are.

How much of the problems can you blame on the SP when we have Paul Janish and Ryan Flarethy at 3B? Defense is a big part of the equation too. Gallardo was hurt, yes. I still think that even though he can't throw high to mid 90's that he can't eat up innings and be effective. He'll take Ubaldo's spot, Ubaldo goes to the DL and we make a move from there. I'm being level headed because there is no reason to panic like the house is on fire.

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

So in this post you say Gallardo isn't very good because of his significant drop in velocity. Yet in other posts you are all bent out of shape that we got rid of a guy who had a very similar drop in velocity, Miguel Gonzalez.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gary asked if they'd consider removing him from the rotation, to which Buck answered "And do what"?. Then went on to say you just gotta hope he figures it out. Ugh. Hopefully he's just saying the PC thing and they have discussed getting rid of Ubaldo.

I think you are leaving a few things out. He said "and do what"? Then he said yeah, yeah, we consider everything and Ubaldo being bad is a large enough sample now. Little things like that make the thread title deceptive.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Archived