Is extending Tillman now a priority?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some people keep forgetting that tidbit.

Boras had to wait 2 years for Chen's current contract to run out, all while just taking his estimated 5% commission on Chen's $4M annual salary. Which is peanuts for him. So you know he'll be champing at the bit to get his share of a 5-year $75M deal, or whatever the market will bear.

Boras had to wait 2 years for Chen's current contract to run out, all while just taking his estimated 5% commission on Chen's $4M annual salary. Which is peanuts for him. So you know he'll be champing at the bit to get his share of a 5-year $75M deal, or whatever the market will bear.

With all the little peanuts, it adds up,

Which is why his net worth is something like 175 million.

Not bad logic.

When you "non" ace, beats the other teams ace?

Game 1 of a playoff series is considered pivotal.

You send up, your best against their best.

And Bud Norris beat David Price in Game 3 of that series. Ergo, Bud Norris is better than David Price.

And Bud Norris beat David Price in Game 3 of that series. Ergo, Bud Norris is better than David Price.
And Shields "beat" Tillman' date=' so Shields > Scherzer.[/quote']

Now that you guys put it this way, it's very logical!

No, wasn't going there.

Tilly will never be considered an ace by most, but for the previous two season, he was the best we had, and did well for us.

No, wasn't going there.

Tilly will never be considered an ace by most, but for the previous two season, he was the best we had, and did well for us.

You might not have been going there but your logic was. Tillman would be at best the 4th or 5th starter on the Tigers team last year.

The best we had is a terrible way to define pitching talent. Was Guthrie an ace then?

I don't think is true. Most analysts at the time thought the trade was terrible for the Mariners, they just didn't know how terrible. It's always been viewed as a mistake.

Erik Bedard looked to the dugout at 90 pitches or the fifth inning. Whichever came first. It was a horrible trade before it happened. Bedard was like signing Andrew Miller long term.

Well, Chen just might be worth it for the team. Let's see how the rest of Chen's season pans out.

You might not have been going there but your logic was. Tillman would be at best the 4th or 5th starter on the Tigers team last year.

The best we had is a terrible way to define pitching talent. Was Guthrie an ace then?

Tilly was the 15th starter in the AL last season, did the Tigers have 3 or 4 ranked 14 or better? I doubt it.

I dont remember Guthrie ever coming close to being that good for the Orioles.

Tilly was the 15th starter in the AL last season, did the Tigers have 3 or 4 ranked 14 or better? I doubt it.

I dont remember Guthrie ever coming close to being that good for the Orioles.

15th what? Based on what?

Tillman would easily be behind Scherzer and Price. And last year Porcello was equal or better.

And I agree that Guthrie wasn't nearly as good. But you said "he was the best we had," well that was Guthrie for many years.

Archived