Is extending Tillman now a priority?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But why would he extend while he isn't playing well? He's a ways away from free agency, I'd think he'd have to be blown away to sign an extension now.

Also, he's not that good.

Does Tillman look more like Arrieta to you or more like Brad Bergesen?

But why would he extend while he isn't playing well? He's a ways away from free agency, I'd think he'd have to be blown away to sign an extension now.

Also, he's not that good.

I wouldn't describe Tillman as "not that good." Last 3 seasons, he has ERA+ of 144, 110, 117... I suspect his true ability is in that range, and there is good value there, if we can get him at a good price. Statwise he's not ace level but is significantly better than league average, like a low number 2 or a pretty good number 3.

I wouldn't describe Tillman as "not that good." Last 3 seasons, he has ERA+ of 144, 110, 117... I suspect his true ability is in that range, and there is good value there, if we can get him at a good price. Statwise he's not ace level but is significantly better than league average, like a low number 2 or a pretty good number 3.

He was also beat the 2014 Cy Young winner in game 1 of the Playoffs last season.

Personally, I don't rely on ERA to evaluate pitchers. His peripherals are pretty mediocre and he's been helped greatly by excellent defenses behind him. Too many flyballs and not enough missed bats.

I don't see a reason to extend Tillman. Would rather just ride him until free agency.

If we can get a knock our socks off Bedard like trade for Chris, then pull the trigger.

Otherwise, ride him and then closer to free agency, look at the team, your prospect depth and then make the call to negotiate or not.

If we can get a knock our socks off Bedard like trade for Chris, then pull the trigger.

Otherwise, ride him and then closer to free agency, look at the team, your prospect depth and then make the call to negotiate or not.

Well, it will be option B. No way someone gives up a huge return for Tillman.

Archived