Mike Wright joins the 6 club

ChuckS

Joins Ubaldo in the 6.00+ ERA club. 12 starts plus 9 last year with the big league team. He's 26. I think we have seen enough of Mike Wright as a starter.

The question now is who replaces him? I think the answer is any warm body you can find. Anyone at all.

See if Bundy can succeed in the rotation? Sedlock to the Pen, kinda like how we had Gausman and Bundy in the pen in their first years with the club?

Even if we need to buy a pen arm, it's much cheaper to buy a decent pen arm than a decent starter, so if Bundy can start, he should. And hope Worley gets better because it looks like we need 2 starters right now.

See if Bundy can succeed in the rotation? Sedlock to the Pen, kinda like how we had Gausman and Bundy in the pen in their first years with the club?

Even if we need to buy a pen arm, it's much cheaper to buy a decent pen arm than a decent starter, so if Bundy can start, he should. And hope Worley gets better because it looks like we need 2 starters right now.

What about Gunkel as a starter?

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Yes it may be time to try Bundy

Not gonna happen. On a 70 inning limit this season. Buck already shot that possibility down.

We have several mediocre starters in Triple A with mid 3's ERA's in a pitcher's park/league. Might as well start throwing them to the wolves because we really do not have better options until Worley comes off the DL.

There is also still the matter of Gallardo. Likely going to need two guys unless Gallardo has miraculously rediscovered his 2015 fastball.

Mike Wright is trending on Twitter. That's how awful he is

lol that's hilarious. But seriously if we spot start Despaigne against the pads we won't need a 5th starter again until July 2nd.

How much can we over turn the roster in one night? 20% you say.

Ubaldo DFA

Wright optioned to AAA

Flaherty optioned to AAA

Macfarland optioned to AAA

Activate Gallardo from the DL

Activate Hardy from the DL

Call up Drake from AAA

Add Roe or Beato to 40 man and call up from AAA

Seems about right to me. Flaherty gets sent down so we can keep Janish with a fresh of the DL Hardy and soon to be suspended Manny. Mac just goes for a fresh arm and to hopefully get stretched out in AAA.

lol that's hilarious. But seriously if we spot start Despaigne against the pads we won't need a 5th starter again until July 2nd.

Ubaldo DFA

Wright optioned to AAA

Flaherty optioned to AAA

Call up Drake from AAA

Seems about right to me. Flaherty gets sent down so we can keep Janish with a fresh of the DL Hardy and soon to be suspended Manny. Mac just goes for a fresh arm and to hopefully get stretched out in AAA.

Don't want to send Flaherty down with Machado serving his suspension soon.

Don't want to send Flaherty down with Machado serving his suspension soon.

It could be a tough situation but hopefully it'll just be for three games. We need the fresh arms now. We did go with a no UTIL IF for a few games earlier with Alvarez being the emergency guy. If there were an injury to Janish or Hardy then we could add a guy like Ozzie martinez to the roster for a game or two until Machado comes back. We have some fodder on the 40 man where we could DFA a guy or two and shuttle relievers and IF's if need be.

Ubaldo DFA

Wright optioned to AAA

Flaherty optioned to AAA

Call up Drake from AAA

^looks like that just happened, who is coming up in his spot?

There are no good options but here you go.

1. McFarland

2. Despaigne

3. Gunkel (not on the 40 man so that hurts him)

Agree with all of these, though I'd rank Despaigne above Mac. I do think, however, that when that groin heals up, Worley has by far the best chance at stepping in and being a reasonably competent starter for us. Again, not good, but I'll accept below average instead of downright awful.

Archived