Mike Wright joins the 6 club

ChuckS

lol that's hilarious. But seriously if we spot start Despaigne against the pads we won't need a 5th starter again until July 2nd.

How much can we over turn the roster in one night? 20% you say.

Ubaldo DFA

Wright optioned to AAA

Flaherty optioned to AAA

Macfarland optioned to AAA

Activate Gallardo from the DL

Activate Hardy from the DL

Call up Drake from AAA

Add Roe or Beato to 40 man and call up from AAA

Seems about right to me. Flaherty gets sent down so we can keep Janish with a fresh of the DL Hardy and soon to be suspended Manny. Mac just goes for a fresh arm and to hopefully get stretched out in AAA.

I agree with all of your thoughts except calling up Drake and Roe/Beato. With the state of the starting rotation, the Orioles need as many long men in the bullpen as possible. Call up Gunkel and Lee and put them in the bullpen. The Orioles can send one of them back down as soon as O'Day is ready to return.

Ubaldo needs to go to. 65 pitches and he only went 2.1. He can't even eat innings. For a team that has to carry Bundy, it's not worth having Ubaldo. Just eat the money. At best you're hoping that you can hide him till September 1st when rosters expand and he miraculously figures it out in ST next year. That's a lot to give up for this season. I'd rather have the roster spot and be able to rotate fresh arms in the pen.

Despaigne can make two starts against his former team the Padres. Then we can reevaluate him. Worley would then be the next option. Gunkel shouldn't be an option at this point.

The Orioles have not been using their relievers strictly as one inning guys in the minors. Drake, Roe, and Beato can all go more than 1 when needed.

I'm just hoping I get the alert from my MLB app that Ubaldo has been DFA'd.

Including Friday?s debacle, Wright and Jimenez have started a total of 25 games and have a combined 6.73 ERA that goes a long way toward explaining why the Baltimore rotation has the third-highest ERA in the AL (4.93). The hope is that offseason acquisition Yovani Gallardo, who went on the DL in late April and returns Saturday, can help stabilize the staff. But given how hittable he has been over the past year (1.71 WHIP since last season?s All-Star break), that seems like wishful thinking. Even if Gallardo resembles the Gallardo of old, Baltimore?s starting five still has issues. Major issues.

That's horrible, 38% of your team starts where you basically don't have much chance to win. Will see what the O's get out of Gallardo, even if he could be serviceable it will be a welcome sight but I'm not counting on it. A 1.71 WHIP since last year's all star break, that's scary also.

espn

Archived