Option Gausman after Monday

eddie83

I have touched on this in some other threads but I think it makes too much sense not to do it. It is basically a paper move. He can legally pitch on June 25, one of the DH games, normal rest. The only negative is he would be pitching on one extra days rest when he comes back. He misses no starts at the big league level.

Instead of calling up a player for just the DH on Saturday call up someone like Drake and then you can keep him for around 10 days as opposed to one DH. It allows the team to basically play with 26 players for 10 days with no harm to Gausman. Janish can stay to protect no Manny.

I like it. Shouldn't be legal but might as well take advantage.

Then option Flaherty or DFA Janish when Gausman is ready to come back.

I agree it shouldn't be legal but who cares. Last year they didn't want Chen facing the Jays and they optioned him. I mean how could MLB stop them? Based on what?

Then like you said on July 2 decide what they want to do then. Just need to get through 2 more games with a 6 man pen. Despaigne starts on Wednesday.

I'm following you. Gallardo would start Friday and Tillman/Gausman on Saturday. But you'd have to send down Drake on Sunday, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, Gausman goes back down to serve his 10 days in minors, clock does not reset on Saturday. By then he will have 4 days down, 6 more to go. He would start again on July 2 in Seattle.

No, Gausman goes back down to serve his 10 days in minors, clock does not reset on Saturday. By then he will have 4 days down, 6 more to go. He would start again on July 2 in Seattle.

Wait a minute. I have Gallardo and Tillman in line to pitch the DH. If Gausman has to pitch that day, he would be on short rest. So on second thought, while I admire the creativity, I don't think it's worth it.

6/18 (TOR) Gallardo

6/19 (TOR) Tillman

6/20 (Tex makeup) Gausman

6/21 (SD) Wilson

6/22 (SD) Despaigne

6/23 Off

6/24 (TB1) Gallardo

6/24 (TB2) Tillman

Wait a minute. I have Gallardo and Tillman in line to pitch the DH. If Gausman has to pitch that day, he would be on short rest. So on second thought, while I admire the creativity, I don't think it's worth it.

6/18 (TOR) Gallardo

6/19 (TOR) Tillman

6/21 (SD) Wilson

6/22 (SD) Despaigne

6/23 Off

6/24 (TB1) Gallardo

6/24 (TB2) Tillman

The DH is Saturday the 25th.

6/18 (TOR) Gallardo

6/19 (TOR) Tillman

6/21 (SD) Wilson

6/22 (SD) Despaigne

6/23 Off

6/24 (TB1) Gallardo

6/24 (TB2) Tillman

DH is Saturday not Friday. Gallardo could pitch Friday or Saturay depending on how much rest they want Tillman to have.

Gausman 4 days rest June 21-24.

I like it. But won't this disrupt his mojo? I thought we were through arresting his development? I mean would the Dodgers jerk around Kershaw like this? [emoji38]

As mad as Orioles are at MLB it would be a nice way to say screw you. Like El Gordo was asking not even sure if he has to report or not.

Archived