The Orioles should lock Zach Britton up

Diehard_O's_Fan

Some people would like to continue winning in the future. Eventually your team starts to look like the Phillies if you pay everyone.

Why cant you do both? You guys are always so locked into the "FUTURE" and are always willing to sacrifice the NOW for some perceived FUTURE you cant predict. Win now. Worry about the future when it gets here. Sure you have to plan for it, but its in the future. No reason a team cant do both, NOW & the FUTURE.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe, if he hits free agency. If Manny hits free agency I do not expect the team to resign him. Giancarlo Stanton got 13 years, 325 from the Marlins. That is the bench mark. 10 for 325 to Manny seems realistic on an extension, if they act this offseason. Two years of free agency bought out and gets to hit free agency again at age 34.

Manny won't extend without an opt out. I think Manny will be content playing out the next 2 seasons. JMO of course.

Why cant you do both? You guys are always so locked into the "FUTURE" and are always willing to sacrifice the NOW for some perceived FUTURE you cant predict. Win now. Worry about the future when it gets here. Sure you have to plan for it, but its in the future. No reason a team cant do both, NOW & the FUTURE.

I'm not convinced that DD can do both. He's good at winning now. Not so good at building for the future.

Maybe, if he hits free agency. If Manny hits free agency I do not expect the team to resign him. Giancarlo Stanton got 13 years, 325 from the Marlins. That is the bench mark. 10 for 325 to Manny seems realistic on an extension, if they act this offseason. Two years of free agency bought out and gets to hit free agency again at age 34.

Maybe the best case scenario is a 10/325 with an opt out after year 5. Manny could still cash in on another 10 year deal then.

Do you think Dan is planning for it?

Even the build up the farm method runs dry eventually. You can only let so many guys walk away or trade. Ask the Braves, A's, Ray's, etc. There has to be a mixture of develop and utilizing the FA market. It's just where and when to cross that fine line.

So leave the team in a shambles and let the next guy clean up the mess?

Or do you think Dan will be here in 2019?

Your first comment. Both Dan and Buck will be gone.

Now Dan might blow the team up in 2018 if Buck retires a year early... don't believe that would happen.

Your first comment. Both Dan and Buck will be gone.

Now Dan might blow the team up in 2018 if Buck retires a year early... don't believe that would happen.

Do you think leaving things a mess for someone else to clean up constitutes having a plan?

When renters do it they lose their security deposit.

If I just went with what is posted around here, Id be inclined to think he's on a fast track to making sure the future is a complete disaster.

While I don't think it is his outright goal, I don't think he minds if he does.

Have you seen any evidence to the contrary?

Do you think leaving things a mess for someone else to clean up constitutes having a plan?

When renters do it they lose their security deposit.

That's kinda funny, my renter just lost her security deposit. I'm traveling to MD to clean up. Maybe I can catch an Os game. :thumbsup1:

[edit] - I didn't say it was a good plan, but yes that constitutes a plan. We'll be the new Braves in 2019.

Archived