The Orioles should lock Zach Britton up

Diehard_O's_Fan

Do you think leaving things a mess for someone else to clean up constitutes having a plan?

When renters do it they lose their security deposit.

You also lose it if you break your lease. Which DD tried to do. I'm not a big DD guy either way. I think he will do what it takes to win now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do, in a way. I think the plan is to tank 2019 and rebuild.

Having no idea what the team will look or what pitchers will develop, who we sign in the next three years......there is no way they are making plans one way or the other about 2019. Certainly not making plans now to tank in 2019. That is nonsensical.

While I don't think it is his outright goal, I don't think he minds if he does.

Have you seen any evidence to the contrary?

I havent been privy enough to any evidence to make a determination one way or the other. I just know that no matter how many speculative posts about the teams future posted here are no more credible than my opinion on the subject so what anybody here thinks, me included, is meaningless on the matter.

While I don't think it is his outright goal, I don't think he minds if he does.

Have you seen any evidence to the contrary?

PA hasn't helped the cause. Money only available for certain guys. DD is kind of being held hostage. If your forced to make deals certain ways, your options are minimal. That being said, I would have let DD go to the Jays.

Having no idea what the team will look or what pitchers will develop, who we sign in the next three years......there is no way they are making plans one way or the other about 2019. Certainly not making plans now to tank in 2019. That is nonsensical.

Buck is retiring after 2018. Dan will probably be gone too. They want to win within their window and they are willing to give up assets to do it.

I sure do hope players will develop and the team makes good signings, but you're kidding if you don't think teams plan years ahead of time.

PA hasn't helped the cause. Money only available for certain guys. DD is kind of being held hostage. If your forced to make deals certain ways, your options are minimal. That being said, I would have let DD go to the Jays.

I've mentioned that ownership might very well be on board with the program.

And for the record, I didn't care much for how Dan handled things when the Jays came 'acalling.

I havent been privy enough to any evidence to make a determination one way or the other. I just know that no matter how many speculative posts about the teams future posted here are no more credible than my opinion on the subject so what anybody here thinks, me included, is meaningless on the matter.

They have sold two draft picks, traded one and forfeited three others since Dan has been there. They could have received a pick for Davis and instead re-signed him. They have traded international slot money on numerous occasions.

To me that is plenty of evidence that Dan is prioritizing the now over the future in a pretty big way.

Buck is retiring after 2018. Dan will probably be gone too. They want to win within their window and they are willing to give up assets to do it.

I sure do hope players will develop and the team makes good signings, but you're kidding if you don't think teams plan years ahead of time.

I don't think any organization makes a plan years ahead of times to tank in a specific year. There is no way of predicting how the team will look that far ahead of time. Things can change so much just in a year or two. Maybe Bundy and Harvey will be TOR pitchers in 2019 and Manny will have been inked to a long term deal. Maybe our farm will be in worse shape than it is now and all of those guys will be out of the organization. No way of knowing.

I would rather keep him until he hits free agency. I just don't think a closer will fetch much back in return. The Reds didn't even get a single top 100 prospect back in return for Chapman. The Orioles won't get much back either IMO.

Chapman = BAGGAGE

Britton = No Baggage

Archived