Anyone catch Manny's comments on Saturday about moving back to 3B?

Frobby

Buck was fine with him going after Ventura.

Buck had a private talk with Manny on the need to run out the base hits, and he said that Manny understood that.

Manny dropped his appeal, and has accepted responsibility for his actions that night, what more do you want from him?

To run the bases and to stop getting suspended. Same thing everyone should want. When I saw him go out and punch Ventura I was angry because I knew we would be out our best player for multiple games.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Machado played for the Blue Jays you would hate him. I don't hate Manny and I don't hate Bautista. But they do the same things. You seem angry about this conversation.

Manny is doing thinigs to hurt the team. I don't care how could you can play baseball you can't have your own agenda. Buck did the right thing he took him into his office and read him the riot act.

.. and if Jose Bautista would have been claimed by the Orioles instead of the Blue Jays, everyone would be defending Bautista all the same and hating Manny. I would bet my house on it.

.. and if Jose Bautista would have been claimed by the Orioles instead of the Blue Jays, everyone would be defending Bautista all the same and hating Manny if he was a Blue Jay instead. I would bet my house on it.

*fixed, forgot a bit

.. and if Jose Bautista would have been claimed by the Orioles instead of the Blue Jays, everyone would be defending Bautista all the same and hating Manny. I would bet my house on it.

I hope you have a backup plan on where to live.

Bautista was already an Oriole, and boy was he disliked in SUNSPOT.

I hope you have a backup plan on where to live.

Bautista was already an Oriole, and boy was he disliked in SUNSPOT.

My bad, not claimed, but if the Orioles traded for him in 2008 instead of the Blue Jays is what I meant. I said instead of the Blue Jays. He didn't go to Toronto until 2008. I thought you would know what I was referring to. My house is in no danger.

People here can't seem to make that connection. Manny isn't as bad as Bautista, but he is in the same ballpark (pardon the pun) and it needs to stop now. It starts with not making excuses for him because before you know

it, Manny will be 35 with the same cocky attitude and everyone is going to wonder what went wrong.

Nothing we do or say here about Manny will have any effect on his behavior one way or another.

I just told you why some people don't like Manny. He doesn't run out balls and he gets into fights and gets suspended.

Do you understand why some people don't like Bautista?

The guy is the best hitter on the team, is the best fielding 3B in baseball, an MVP caliber player, well liked in the clubhouse, but some people hate him because he doesn't always run hard out of the box, has occasional lapses in concentration, and charges the mound after a pitcher who has been head hunting him for more than a year. Maybe the Manny haters should root for the Twinkies. I don't think they have any trouble makers there. :rolleyestf:

Not even close. There have been many miscreants that have been Orioles that have not had support here.

Not even close. There have been many miscreants that have been Orioles that have not had support here.

How many of them put up the production that Bautista has put up for Toronto for the last 6.5 years?

Very happy he is going back to 3rd and that JJ is back.

2B Schoop (Flaherty*)

3B Machado (Flaherty*)

SS Hardy (Flaherty*)

* = left handed

Been saying that for four years now. Well, maybe it's finally time to relent on Flaherty being backup SS. :P

The guy is the best hitter on the team, is the best fielding 3B in baseball, an MVP caliber player, well liked in the clubhouse, but some people hate him because he doesn't always run hard out of the box, has occasional lapses in concentration, and charges the mound after a pitcher who has been head hunting him for more than a year. Maybe the Manny haters should root for the Twinkies. I don't think they have any trouble makers there. :rolleyestf:

What does Manny's baseball skills have to do with whether you like him as a player? No one has doubted his skills as a baseball player. Doesn't mean he doesn't act like a spoiled child sometimes.

I didn't mean for this thread to become a referendum on everything Manny's ever done. But there have been some suggestions by a minority here that Manny could develop into a "clubhouse problem," and I just see zero evidence for that. He's a loyal teammate who wants to win.

Manny is not and will never be a clubhouse problem. Occasionally he might dog it a bit but it almost never is a situation where the team needs him to hustle something out.

Look, Manny is not the most affable guy to the media and maybe he didn't bow down at the Palmer temple so now Machado is on his crap list, but at the end of the day, I'll take 8 more Machado's and win a bunch of World Series. He's a once in a lifetime talent, and he's still just 23-years old and is one of the best players in the league. He's not Bryce Harper, but he's not perfect either.

He's a great teammate, loves playing the game of baseball and hopefully be an Oriole for life.

What does Manny's baseball skills have to do with whether you like him as a player? No one has doubted his skills as a baseball player. Doesn't mean he doesn't act like a spoiled child sometimes.

I would think they have a lot to do with liking him as a.player. How many lousy players.do you like?

Just illustrates everything that is right with this team. The clubhouse chemistry seems to be as good as any in baseball. We all remember when it was the opposite, so to see how things are today, you just can't help but love it.

I believe that the chemistry aspect is woefully underrated.

MSK

Manny is not and will never be a clubhouse problem. Occasionally he might dog it a bit but it almost never is a situation where the team needs him to hustle something out.

Look, Manny is not the most affable guy to the media and maybe he didn't bow down at the Palmer temple so now Machado is on his crap list, but at the end of the day, I'll take 8 more Machado's and win a bunch of World Series. He's a once in a lifetime talent, and he's still just 23-years old and is one of the best players in the league. He's not Bryce Harper, but he's not perfect either.

He's a great teammate, loves playing the game of baseball and hopefully be an Oriole for life.

:agree:

THIS. ALL. DAY.

Wow, even during the dark and contentious times on the OH, I don't remember so many people being down on our star players.

It seems a bunch of Orioles fans have problems with AJ and Manny. I don't get it at all. We've got strong leadership, hustling players, tough-minded guys who play with 100% heart.

Why are people complaining about the guys who are a major part of our success?

MSK

Archived