DJ Stewart (and others) promoted to Frederick

Frobby

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm very encouraged by Stewart. The walks are there. He's missing the power. His stolen bases are way down this month too, compared to what he was doing last month.

I heard Stewart only likes to steal in high leverage situations.

Stewart had been slumping badly in the week before his injury -- 3 for 24, .125/.276/.208. One thing I'll say for him is that he draws his walks whether he is hot or cold at the plate.

I was really hoping that we'd get to see him in the AFL this year. Hope the injury doesn't keep him out of that. Only because there isn't much else to send there.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping to check in our our favorite whipping boy of the 2015 draft class. Stewart's stats are starting to look like a guy who may have a future.

.280 BA with a .391 OBP, he's tallied 10 XBH in 107 ABs and drawn 19 walks. His OPS is up more than 100 points since the promotion.

He'll be 23 next season and hopefully in Bowie. He's not the fast-tracked first-rounder we were hoping for, but could still end up a useable piece.

Bumping to check in our our favorite whipping boy of the 2015 draft class. Stewart's stats are starting to look like a guy who may have a future.

.280 BA with a .391 OBP, he's tallied 10 XBH in 107 ABs and drawn 19 walks. His OPS is up more than 100 points since the promotion.

He'll be 23 next season and hopefully in Bowie. He's not the fast-tracked first-rounder we were hoping for, but could still end up a useable piece.

I'd be happy if he was a Steve Pearce type player. They even have the same build. Josh Hart should be the whipping boy. He's done nothing.

I'd be happy if he was a Steve Pearce type player. They even have the same build.

Steve Pearce is more athletic and has better tools across the board. IMO. I've seen him play a lot. Good motor is the best thing I can say about him.

He doesn't physically look like it, but his stats say he's got a good chance of being the O's leadoff man of the future. The .391 OPS in Frederick says it. His 20 of 27 steals this season indicates surprisingly good speed and what you look for in a leadoff man. Our lack of long-term options at the corner OF spots indicate there will likely be a spot defensively for him. He may be the O's leadoff man in 2018.

Archived