Dariel Alvarez and Jayson Aquino on 25 Man Roster

weams

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miranda down.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have recalled OF Dariel Alvarez & LHP Jayson Aquino. They also placed Pedro Alvarez on bereavement list & opt Ariel Miranda to AAA.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like that buck and DD are using the 40 man to keep fresh arms up here to protect the A bullpen guys, but why not just keep Wilson up here and use him out the pen. I think he could transition back into starting really easily and it's not like he's going to get better in AAA.

Having Wilson stretched out in AAA isn't a luxury we can afford right now. Now we're just rotating through LH's that we aren't going to use in high leverage situations or as LOOGY's.

I like that buck and DD are using the 40 man to keep fresh arms up here to protect the A bullpen guys, but why not just keep Wilson up here and use him out the pen. I think he could transition back into starting really easily and it's not like he's going to get better in AAA.

Having Wilson stretched out in AAA isn't a luxury we can afford right now. Now we're just rotating through LH's that we aren't going to use in high leverage situations or as LOOGY's.

Wilson couldn't pitch yesterday or today, and likely tomorrow.

I'm a little surprised to see Miranda go if Givens will be out on paternity soon.

I wonder if one the guys that is called up actually did well, he would stay?

I'd say Aquino certainly has more open field in front of him.

Despaigne did well and he has stayed. Last year Givens did well and stayed. Most guys with options have not done well in short opportunities and been sent back down.

Buck didn't seemed to be real thrilled with having Aquino on the squad in his interview with Gary Thorne after tonights game. I suspect he will be sent out right away and someone else will be brought up. Who I don't know.

Great at bat by Alvarez! Love him.

I will say this: RZNJ made the recommendation we see what he had pitching wise. That's a real savvy out-of-the box thinking this organization needs.

Has this been given consideration?

I don't have enough info to know but he has a GUN! Watching him play in Norfolk is fun.

Archived