Roe DFA - Ondrusek signed - Roe claimed by Atlanta

Yardball85

More on Logan O:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dan Duquette?s bizarre roster moves are nothing new, but Logan Ondrusek is one of the weirdest ones yet. Who is he? <a href="https://t.co/sIbaSoCRtf">https://t.co/sIbaSoCRtf</a></p>— Camden Chat (@CamdenChat) <a href="

">August 5, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Ondrusek looked like a breakout candidate if the trend could hold in 2014. Instead, the trend did hold, but the results just weren?t there. He struck out a career high 9.22 batters per nine, which helped him to a career low xFIP of 3.80. Unfortunately, the ERA didn?t come along for the ride. The classic unlucky combination of a high BABIP (.360) and a low strand rate (68%) helped his ERA balloon to 5.49.

Following the disappointing 2014 season, Ondrusek found himself out of a job and took his talents to Japan. He dominated the NPB in 2015 and posted a 2.08 ERA over 70 innings for the Yakult Swallows, which led him to be named their closer for 2016.

This season, Ondrusek had similar results (2.45 ERA) but was pitching considerably less innings. After tossing over 70 innings during the 143-game season in 2015, Ondrusek had logged just 29 innings through 95 games this year. After a ?disagreement? with the Swallows? management, his agent reached out to some MLB teams and the Orioles answered the call."

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed. Reps to that man.

Options do seem to be the toughest question to figure out. Nice job WC.

It's good that he has an option, for now, and the future. Our pen is likely to have Ubaldo in it next year again, and I think Mac is out of options. We know DD doesn't like losing players.

Options do seem to be the toughest question to figure out. Nice job WC.

It's good that he has an option, for now, and the future. Our pen is likely to have Ubaldo in it next year again, and I think Mac is out of options. We know DD doesn't mind losing players because he picks up another in the bargain bin ;).

FTFY - working the waiver wire as we speak! :eektf:

Maybe taking a flyer on Ondrusek makes sense, but why would you DFA Roe to accommodate him? Roe was at least serviceable and a known commodity. Ondrusek is certainly not one of those things and possibly not either.

I think they've stated it multiple times, he has good splits against lefties, basically a righthanded LOOGY

I think they've stated it multiple times, he has good splits against lefties, basically a righthanded LOOGY

Except lefties are hitting like .500 off him so far this year. He really let us down tonight. Not having a lefty has contributed to this loss and the loss in minnesota.

I like Ondrusek. But with the starters going deeper in the games we can afford a LOOGY now. Givens and Worley can be the B squad relievers.

Except lefties are hitting like .500 off him so far this year. He really let us down tonight. Not having a lefty has contributed to this loss and the loss in minnesota.

I like Ondrusek. But with the starters going deeper in the games we can afford a LOOGY now. Givens and Worley can be the B squad relievers.

I think we'd be better by use recalling Donnie Hart.

Archived