Attendance

Todd-O

I thought the rite aid was burned when all hell broke loose?

My memory is not good at all but I thought the Rite-Aid was the night before the Saturday night(?) game against Boston. Where they held the fans in the stadium after the game.

And I don't mean to be combative. You and your parents decision is your decision. I'll just say, if the recent dropping of all the cases against the 6 officers didn't set off new riots... Baltimore is safe from riots.

Crime? Ya takes your chances...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My memory is not good at all but I thought the Rite-Aid was the night before the Saturday night(?) game against Boston. Where they held the fans in the stadium after the game.

And I don't mean to be combative. You and your parents decision is your decision. I'll just say, if the recent dropping of all the cases against the 6 officers didn't set off new riots... Baltimore is safe from riots.

Crime? Ya takes your chances...

You're probably the last Poster here that I would ever think of being combative. Baltimore is just mapped out weird. You'll be driving along a nice street, take a left and you're in an Eazy E song for a few blocks and it's nice again.

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

You're probably the last Poster here that I would ever think of being combative. Baltimore is just mapped out weird. You'll be driving along a nice street, take a left and you're in an Eazy E song for a few blocks and it's nice again.

Yeah, I NEVER drive clear down. I catch the Metro at Owings Mills. Ride the train in. Free parking out there, about an hour drive for me, hour on the train. Sneak a couple beers on the train and check the OH.

Yeah, I NEVER drive clear down. I catch the Metro at Owings Mills. Ride the train in. Free parking out there, about an hour drive for me, hour on the train. Sneak a couple beers on the train and check the OH.

A one way train ride would cost us the same in gas for the whole trip, and is 6 1/2 hours versus driving is 5 1/2. I hate living here sometimes

A one way train ride would cost us the same in gas for the whole trip, and is 6 1/2 hours versus driving is 5 1/2. I hate living here sometimes

Yeah, you're a lot farther out. Round trip on the Metro is $3.20

Sent from NeverNeverLand using James Hetfield's voice

I've mellowed a LOT. canigetanamen? I've been banned from this site more times than anyone over the years. Except maybe SportsGuy. He has more accumulated time for sure!

I've mellowed a LOT. canigetanamen? I've been banned from this site more times than anyone over the years. Except maybe SportsGuy. He has more accumulated time for sure!

You just seem like the weird hippy uncle everyone has or knows. I assume you'd get a little tipsy and step on people's goes some nights, leading to a ban?

You just seem like the weird hippy uncle everyone has or knows. I assume you'd get a little tipsy and step on people's goes some nights, leading to a ban?

Yes! :P A lot of drunk one week bans. Like torture... a week without posting??? :eek:

Weren't my fears, but the people around me. It's just that with all the violence that happened afterwards and not the riots themselves, what parent living in Southern VA would want to take their then 16 and 12 year old to an O's game, when the riots started near the ballpark and the city was having a murder epidemic, being the worst year in terms of murders, surpassing the then worst year in terms of murders in 1993. Keep in mind that my parents were Baltimore city residents at one point near Hopkins, one of the worst parts of town. That was the logic behind their choices last year. Now that it's a new year and everything seems to have settled down for the moment, we're heading up. Not my fear or choice, but from people who lived around/ in the city for most of their lives.

Then I hate to say those people are fools. There wasn't alot of violence. It was looting and burning stuff down in areas that were already depressed way outside of the developed downtown area. Downtown Baltimore (inner harbor area) is damn safe as it's the crown "jewel". There is absolutely no way anything would happen there as it's Baltimore's money maker.

Hopkins has it's a bad areas. But nothing is gonna happen to you by Scores, Fells Point or Little Italy.. It's west of Little Italy and north of Fells Point aka.. Washington Hill and Dunbar. Then between Franklin Square and North Ave. Othern then those two areas.. the city is pretty safe give or take one or two pockets.

Their choices are illogical and based on other things and I hate to say it.. but it screams it.

Well it's really the shortest distance. I always do that when I know I am gonna have a session (drinking) at game or before.

I can't drink much down there. I have to drive home. Plus it's 8 freaking dollars for a beer! I have 4 or 5 max during the game. Water by the 7th inning. Hour train ride. Half a McD's iced tea waiting in the car.

Archived