Hangout Night 5/17

GotNitro

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I have to echo the sentiments of others on here. That was probably the most fun I've had at a ballgame in YEARS.

I will definitely be coming to more of these. Crim, nice work ragging on the crack....erjack lady. That had me in hysterics.

Anyway, I guess I will see you guys in June at the next HO night.

Walt, you were in your element but why the reluctance to quaff a brew? Once I bought it for you, you downed it in a flash! :new_beer:

...because I tend to down beers in a flash! haha Then I yell things like "HIT LIKE THERE'S SLIM JIMS FOREVER!"

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll see you at the next game, beer's on me.

hi every one nice meeting you guys I'm sorry I talked too much the other night I get that way when I drink a lot. I hope to catch the next one and try not to have my yapper running so much.

Thanks again Wedge I couldn't have found it with out you.

Another highlight that may only interest mean and Drek:

Near beginning of game:

Drek: Hey Wedge!

Me: Yeah?

Drek: See, you answer to that!

A few innings later:

Drek: Hey Bart!

Me: Yeah?

Drek: Hey, you answer to that, too!

Yeah, I felt good about that one :D

That game was a blast. Didn't understand why everyone was so relentless on Millar, but it was fun. I did like the references to slim jims and cake. Very amusing.

Nice to be out with people who are really excited to be at the game. Don't know who the guy was that was spelling out Orioles in the crowd, but he did a great job. I enjoyed the pictures. Still trying to find the perfect picture of Bradford where you can see his knuckles get very, very close to the mound. Would like to know what it was like for him when he first started pitching that way- did he ever scrape his knuckles on the mound?

That game was a blast. Didn't understand why everyone was so relentless on Millar, but it was fun. I did like the references to slim jims and cake. Very amusing.

Nice to be out with people who are really excited to be at the game. Don't know who the guy was that was spelling out Orioles in the crowd, but he did a great job. I enjoyed the pictures. Still trying to find the perfect picture of Bradford where you can see his knuckles get very, very close to the mound. Would like to know what it was like for him when he first started pitching that way- did he ever scrape his knuckles on the mound?

You'd probably be interested in reading Moneyball-- there's several pages about Chad Bradford's early playing career and his conversion to a submariner. Apparently he did scrape his knuckles on a few occasions. In fact, he still does it from time to time. I remember a game last year where his hand scraped the mound on a pitch and the ball went flying wildly.

Archived