Will the fans show?

Todd-O

We don't deserve nice things.

Tonight was an absolute embarrassment. A solid 1/3rd in attendance were BJ fans - and they probably held the majority of seats in the lower bowl between 1st and 3rd.

I talked to many around me, and every fan I spoke to DROVE down from Toronto.

A pathetic showing from the fans for what's probably the most critical series to date. And the lifeless performance by the Orioles perfectly matched the energy in the park. I couldn't blame them.

Pathetic.

(Weams and JustD did their share though - I saw you YMCAing.)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep they couldn't even drown out the 50 Jays fans there. That effects team I'm sorry.

Then why doesn't the Warehouse after years of seeing attendance trends do something about it? Why?

The local fanbase is being ripped while the people that run the team sit back and do nothing to change anything and they deserve no blame?

Then why doesn't the Warehouse after years of seeing attendance trends do something about it? Why?

The local fanbase is being ripped while the people that run the team sit back and do nothing to change anything and they deserve no blame?

When you win attendance goes up everwhere but Baltimore.

We don't deserve nice things.

Tonight was an absolute embarrassment. A solid 1/3rd in attendance were BJ fans - and they probably held the majority of seats in the lower bowl between 1st and 3rd.

I talked to many around me, and every fan I spoke to DROVE down from Toronto.

A pathetic showing from the fans for what's probably the most critical series to date. And the lifeless performance by the Orioles perfectly matched the energy in the park. I couldn't blame them.

Pathetic.

(Weams and JustD did their share though - I saw you YMCAing.)

This. People piss and moan and wish we had a good team and backseat GM. But in the biggest series of the year, maybe 12 thousand Orioles fans mosey out to the ballpark this evening. The team played like it, too - I know it's not our responsibility to motivate the team, but I do truly believe fans can help provide may a slight edge, or a little push, for a home team. Clearly, they didn't get that tonight.

I'll do what I do 13 times every year and drive up from DC through nightmarish traffic, most on a weekday, to watch the O's. Hopefully more folks that live in and around the Baltimore area can brave the "high prices" and "no promotions" and "dangers" of Baltimore and go support your team.

The excuses are pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but sometimes I fear that allowing the Nationals into D.C. may have started a long slow death of the franchise that culminates in the team being moved. Attendance is never going to be what is was pre-Nationals and we haven't done a great job with attendance even when fielding a competitive team.

I've been to 6 games this year. I work and go to school full time and I cannot afford to keep paying prime-prices on the weekend.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but sometimes I fear that allowing the Nationals into D.C. may have started a long slow death of the franchise that culminates in the team being moved. Attendance is never going to be what is was pre-Nationals and we haven't done a great job with attendance even when fielding a competitive team.

I've been to 6 games this year. I work and go to school full time and I cannot afford to keep paying prime-prices on the weekend.

4th highest tv ratings in the mlb. People are watching. They just don't feel like going to the hood.

What about TV ratings though? 4th highest in the league. You know our team makes money off that right?

Per capita yes. Not total viewership. if you like defending low attendance look for a job in orioles pr department i deal in facts.

Archived