Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Per capita yes. Not total viewership. if you like defending low attendance look for a job in orioles pr department i deal in facts.

That's what the definition of tv ratings means. Of course not total viewership. Out of the possible people in our market we have the 4th highest percentage of tv sets tuned in in all the majors. Our fans are loyal. Baltimore is a dying city.

Nats stadium was in crappy, southeast by the disgusting Anacostia river. Now you go down there and everything is brand new high rises. You can always tell how well a city is doing based on the number of cranes you see there. The only cranes you see in the city are by the harbor, for the dock workers. Downtown is ghetto.

That's what the definition of tv ratings means. Of course not total viewership. Out of the possible people in our market we have the 4th highest percentage of tv sets tuned in in all the majors. Our fans are loyal. Baltimore is a dying city.

Nats stadium was in crappy, southeast by the disgusting Anacostia river. Now you go down there and everything is brand new high rises. You can always tell how well a city is doing based on the number of cranes you see there. The only cranes you see in the city are by the harbor, for the dock workers. Downtown is ghetto.

Maybe you should go to nats boards where it is clearly safer.

And they were absolutely lifeless. No enthusiasm at all.
I am showing tonight, with weams and justD in tow. I have one extra ticket, and if someone wants it, PM me.

The one day I didn't check OH. Hope someone was able to take you up on that. That's a good crew.

Yes, it was very quiet, drove 2 hours then got a upper box row 2 seat for $10 on stubhub prior to the game. Thought there would have been more fans. Haven't seen it this empty since the Perlozzo and Mizzilli days.

As others have mentioned, the O's should run some ticket specials. Anything to try to get more fans to the game. Probably too late now. My personal opinion they gave done a poor job with this over the years. The first year Buck took over when the O's were in the cellar, they were still charging premium prices for the last series of the Red Sox. I clearly remember the cheapest ticket being about $29. If I had known Reimold and Andino would have ended the Red Sox hopes that game I would have attended but the price tag definitely kept me from going.

Maybe not the best comp but point I was trying to make is the O's haven't really been known to run some spontaneous specials. Ollie bargain night gone, eutaw street and Boogs Wednesday special gone, prices are up this year, O's are playing poor baseball right now. If you're the O's sales marketing team you need to do something.

Orioles_Attendance.0.png

Gee wonder what happened in April of 2015????

Violent crime spiked in 2015 after the death of Freddie Gray on April 19, 2015, which touched off riots and a crime wave that has resulted in an increase in murders. The city recorded a total of 344 homicides in 2015, a number second only to the number recorded in 1993 when the population was 100,000 higher. This was the highest murder rate on a per capita basis ever recorded. [10] Baltimore had seen 211 murders as of August 19, 2015, which equaled the total number of murders that occurred in Baltimore in all of 2014. [11] On July 10, 2015 Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake fired Police Commissioner Anthony Batts, saying his presence had become a distraction in a city that needs to focus on ending a dramatic spike in homicides.[12] The city has taken steps to quell the increased violence by seeking assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigations and other federal agencies, including embedding FBI agents in the City's police homicide unit.[13] On November 13, 2015 the number of murders for the year reached (and the next day surpassed) 300 for the first time since 1999. [14]

What is it? Two whole blocks away from the block. Typical tough guy from southie.

If by "two" blocks you meant "ten", then you are spot on.

If you are fearful in the Camden Yards area, surrounded by 15,000+ baseball fans - *imitates Jeff Foxworthy* - "you might be a *****".

The Toronto fans I spoke to sure seemed to have enjoyed spending the day in the city. Our pathetic support definitely added to their joy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Orioles_Attendance.0.png

Violent crime spiked in 2015 after the death of Freddie Gray on April 19, 2015, which touched off riots and a crime wave that has resulted in an increase in murders. The city recorded a total of 344 homicides in 2015, a number second only to the number recorded in 1993 when the population was 100,000 higher. This was the highest murder rate on a per capita basis ever recorded. [10] Baltimore had seen 211 murders as of August 19, 2015, which equaled the total number of murders that occurred in Baltimore in all of 2014. [11] On July 10, 2015 Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake fired Police Commissioner Anthony Batts, saying his presence had become a distraction in a city that needs to focus on ending a dramatic spike in homicides.[12] The city has taken steps to quell the increased violence by seeking assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigations and other federal agencies, including embedding FBI agents in the City's police homicide unit.[13] On November 13, 2015 the number of murders for the year reached (and the next day surpassed) 300 for the first time since 1999. [14]

What nobody can dispute these facts? I knew this would slow down this thread.

If by "two" blocks you meant "ten", then you are spot on.

If you are fearful in the Camden Yards area, surrounded by 15,000+ baseball fans - *imitates Jeff Foxworthy* - "you might be a *****".

The Toronto fans I spoke to sure seemed to have enjoyed spending the day in the city. Our pathetic support definitely added to their joy.

You have no idea how embarrassing this is being in boston.

It would help if your argument was coherent.

You post an attendance chart that stops in 2014. Then ask what happened to attendance in 2015. How they hell do I know? You want me to do your research for you?

I think most people are trying to figure out why you have a graph that doesn't show 2015 attendance when you're trying to prove a correlation of the 2015 violence to, ahem, 2015 attendance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orioles_Attendance.0.png

It would help if your argument was coherent.

You post an attendance chart that stops in 2014. Then ask what happened to attendance in 2015. How they hell do I know? You want me to do your research for you?

I think most people are trying to figure out why you have a graph that doesn't show 2015 attendance when you're trying to prove a correlation of the 2015 violence to, ahem, 2015 attendance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we really need a graph that shows the first three weeks of the 2015 season? There isn't enough info there to draw a conclusion? You guys want answers, I gave you the answer. What do you need a NASA level power point presentation?

Archived