Will the fans show?

Todd-O

Pathetic showing from what has become a pretty sorry fan base. All the Blue Jays fans in attendance didn't seem dissuaded by first day of school, no cool giveaway, fill in the blank lousy excuse for our fans. Team played about as inspired as the crowd tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pathetic showing from what has become a pretty sorry fan base. All the Blue Jays fans in attendance didn't seem dissuaded by first day of school, no cool giveaway, fill in the blank lousy excuse for our fans. Team played about as inspired as the crowd tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

School Year Calendar 2016-2017

The official school year calendar for the Toronto District School Board runs from September 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017, inclusive.

First day of classes for all students is September 6, 2016

http://www.tdsb.on.ca/aboutus/calendar.aspx

/not saying all fans traveled down from Canada.

Monday August 27th 10955

Tuesday August 28th 12841

Wednesday August 29th 13098

Thursday August 30th 10141

And the local media acts like all this is new, it isn't.

If the Orioles haven't figured out this fan base by now they never will. Want more fans this time of the year run some deals. I went to a Tampa game in 2012 for dirr cheap. Took whole family. They had 1992 prices in lower left field. The left field sections that series were sold out. Whole ballpark had a better environment because of it. I mentioned awhile ago they should run deals for this series and Boston one.

And the local media acts like all this is new, it isn't.

If the Orioles haven't figured out this fan base by now they never will. Want more fans this time of the year run some deals. I went to a Tampa game in 2012 for dirr cheap. Took whole family. They had 2012 prices in lower left field. The left field sections that series were sold out. Whole ballpark had a better environment because of it. I mentioned awhile ago they should run deals for this series and Boston one.

If they run deals all the time whos gonna buy season tickets? who would buy tickets in advance? Both the life blood of attendance.

What does that have to do with this Monday?

They were the attendances the first week school went back. This is nothing new with attendance during the first week of school and we were in contention both weeks. The other two years we were on road.

Once again if a fan goes to a couple of games a year how many people would go on a Monday? Do you go out more and do more things on a Monday or during the weekend?

Again check attendance around other mlb ball parks today and get back to me.

Seriously embarrassing. If you don't think this effects players you are wrong. What the hell do Orioles have to do to get people to go to games!

Ummm, play the Red Sox or Yankees every home game? I went to one game this year to try to offset the Red Sox fans...the Orioles and their fans got humiliated...again.

Its not fun to watch a team get spanked and out rooted in their own ballpark. These aren't the Trembley O's mind you...they need to perform consistently better against the Red Sox, Yankees and Blue Jays for people to be excited. It's up to the team to put the fans in the seats, not the fans to put their runs on the board for them.

If they run deals all the time whos gonna buy season tickets? who would buy tickets in advance? Both the life blood of attendance.

I am taking about weeknight games when school is back. Did I say they should sell Opening Day half price? They have 8 weeknight games this month and Septmemr at home. How hard would be it be to see those games aren't selling well and act accordingly. I have season tickets, I would not be offended.

Again check attendance around other mlb ball parks today and get back to me.

This has been happening for 5 years now in this town. Grimed said the 1st place Rangers are running 2 for 1 deals. After 5 years the Orioles still don't know how their fan base acts?

In those other cities can season ticket holders exchange tickets like it Baltimore?

Archived