Will the fans show?

Todd-O

So we really need a graph that shows the first three weeks of the 2015 season? There isn't enough info there to draw a conclusion? You guys want answers, I gave you the answer. What do you need a NASA level power point presentation?

Id prefer you didnnt try to give cowards like yourself an out.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we really need a graph that shows the first three weeks of the 2015 season? There isn't enough info there to draw a conclusion? You guys want answers, I gave you the answer. What do you need a NASA level power point presentation?

You presented arbitrary data, from non-intersecting timeframes, that shows no correlation. Good job?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You presented arbitrary data, from non-intersecting timeframes, that shows no correlation. Good job?

In 2015 our Mar-April attendance avg was 33,289 (including the 0 fan game on 4/29)

In 2014 our Mar-April attendance avg was 29,048

In 2013 our Mar-April attendance avg was 26,398

Arbitrary? These are facts. We were poised to have a big attendance year.

Id prefer you didnnt try to give cowards like yourself an out.

I'm going to the game tomorrow tough guy. Gotta see my boy Ubaldo pitch.

So I'm reading this post and becoming angry at myself. Why? I've become too comfortable. I've forgotten 1998-2011 and have taken recent success for granted. I've become spoiled. Haven't been to a game since the 2014 playoffs and have made all sorts of excuses. I'm pissed at our lax fan base, myself included.

The graph you provided literally doesn't have 2015 on it, at all. It is, all in all, rather irrelevant to the argument you are making.

Looking at yearly attendance figures, by the way, I do find it disheartening that the O's have routinely finished behind San Diego, Colorado and Milwaukee in recent years.

I honestly think the city just doesn't have a love for baseball anymore.

Having an already smallish fanbase cut in half certainly didn't help.

Inflation, unemployment and television have also played big factors in the attendance decline.

The average family of 4 just doesn't have the extra money to blow on weeknight baseball games in this day and age. Everything is costing more money these days. EVERYTHING. Meanwhile wages remain pretty much stagnant.

Add in mitigating factors like a full scale riot not that long ago, the convenience and cheapness of watching on tv, the raising of ticket prices by a completely clueless front office/owner and the astoundingly mediocre baseball we've played since the all star break and yeah, tonight's lousy attendance really isn't THAT surprising to me.

When you win attendance goes up everwhere but Baltimore.

When you win attendance goes up the following season.

Baltimore's metro population is around 2.8 M

Dallas 7M

Philly 6M

Houston 6.6M

DC 6M

Toronto 6M

Boston 4.8M

Detroit 4.3M

So all of these cities are larger than Baltimore and people cant grasp why their attendance is higher?

Inflation, unemployment and television have also played big factors in the attendance decline.

The average family of 4 just doesn't have the extra money to blow on weeknight baseball games in this day and age. Everything is costing more money these days. EVERYTHING. Meanwhile wages remain pretty much stagnant.

Add in mitigating factors like a full scale riot not that long ago, the convenience and cheapness of watching on tv, the raising of ticket prices by a completely clueless front office/owner and the astoundingly mediocre baseball we've played since the all star break and yeah, tonight's lousy attendance really isn't THAT surprising to me.

There is no inflation. There is no unemployment. Television maybe the case.

Archived