O's finalize trade for OF Michael Bourn

xian4

I'm fine with Bourn and would rather see him at the plate than Borbon but Pedro can be a late inning defender and pinch runner as well. I thought that was a perfect role for Borbon. Bourn is a better alternative if we need an everyday player. Better insurance but I don't see Buck giving him many at bats.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, 2015 they drafted D.J. Stewart, Ryan McKenna, Jason Heinrich and Jaylen Ferguson all in the top 10 rounds. Are they even going to get one outfielder out of that group?

It makes me wonder what the Red Sox are doing that we aren't. This is the most important and difficult challenge for the club--improving our drafting and development of players at all positions.

It makes me wonder what the Red Sox are doing that we aren't. This is the most important and difficult challenge for the club--improving our drafting and development of players at all positions.

Seems like many of their young talents are international players. Plus 3 of 4 last place finishes equals higher draft spots. Of course that doesn't explain Betts, Boegarts and Bradley.

Depends on whether we could find a better defensive CF who can hit a little. If so, yes I'd consider it. But those players aren't easy to find. We certainly don't have one in our system anywhere. It's probably easier to find some corner outfielders who can take some pressure off Jones.

Yes, it's definitely easier to find corner OFers. I think we can keep 1 of Trumbo or Alvarez to be the full-time DH (if not, that duty can fall to Kim), and bring in 2 new corner OFers that can add some speed and OBP. Those moves could seriously revamp our offense. Even moreso if Wieters leaves and we roll with Cisco. But I'd really like to see 2 new corner OFers and Trumbo or Alvarez at DH. Kim is not someone I want to keep running out in LF unless we have to.

Seems like many of their young talents are international players. Plus 3 of 4 last place finishes equals higher draft spots. Of course that doesn't explain Betts, Boegarts and Bradley.

They're better at the international draft. They're better at the first year player draft. They also are better at trading players at the peak of their value instead of just resigning them or letting them just walk for a pick.

That said, they also finished poorly for a few years so that certainly helps build their farm.

They also generally develop pretty well, too.

What's crazy is that they have a ton of young guys all hitting their stride.

o

His first home run as an Oriole, and his 4th overall this season.

(vs. D-RAYS, September 7th)

NUMBER 4

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

o

Bourn's 2nd home run as an Oriole, and his 5th overall this season.

(vs. TIGERS, September 11th)

NUMBER 5

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

MICHAEL RAY BOURN

I like The Bourn Acquisition (coming soon to a theater near you!). He'll shore up the defense and strikes me as the kind of guy who could heat up for a month a la De Aza and provide more than expected. I'm not counting on him heating up in that way, just saying it could happen. I think Buck will find a way to use him to his advantage.

Two run homer after buck put him in the two hole against Verlander today.

Fantastic !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived