If we can win the series in Boston, I like our chances for a division title

Frobby

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets just saw Ive seen this kind of performance snowball before.And the Red Sox offense is better. more patient, and more lethal than ours. And they also run and pitch better too.

When? By my count, the Orioles have had 19 previous "blowout" losses this year (losing by 5 or more runs). Their record in the game immediately following a blowout loss is 10-9. I see no indication that the 2016 Orioles have been prone to a snowball effect from a lopsided loss.

Lets just saw Ive seen this kind of performance snowball before.And the Red Sox offense is better. more patient, and more lethal than ours. And they also run and pitch better too.

Like when the Yankees whupped the O's 14-4 and 13-5 in the Bronx two and a half weeks ago? Sorry--the Orioles then shut them out three games in a row.

After all the decades of watching the Orioles play and all the opportunities you've had to see how ballplayers overcome challenges on a daily basis, it's rather dismaying to see how hysterical you get at every possible opportunity. Your need to freak out constantly, OK that's your thing, but let me say that it sets an appallingly poor model for fans who might expect wiser behavior and language from such a prominent, veteran supporter of our team.

Like when the Yankees whupped the O's 14-4 and 13-5 in the Bronx two and a half weeks ago? Sorry--the Orioles then shut them out three games in a row.

After all the decades of watching the Orioles play and all the opportunities you've had to see how ballplayers overcome challenges on a daily basis, it's rather dismaying to see how hysterical you get at every possible opportunity. Your need to freak out constantly, OK that's your thing, but let me say that it sets an appallingly poor model for fans who might expect wiser behavior and language from such a prominent, veteran supporter of our team.

I nominate this for post of the year, and every other award possible.

Let's just saw Ive seen this kind of performance snowball before. And the Red Sox offense is better, more patient, and more lethal than ours. And they also run and pitch better too.

When? By my count, the Orioles have had 19 previous "blowout" losses this year (losing by 5 or more runs). Their record in the game immediately following a blowout loss is 10-9. I see no indication that the 2016 Orioles have been prone to a snowball effect from a lopsided loss.

o

Make that 11-9 now for the Orioles in the game immediately following a blowout loss.

It can get worse. Huh.

o

If we lose tomorrow, it will be worse.

A 12-2 loss is the same as a 3-2 loss in the standings ....... although a 12-2 loss is a little tougher on the psyche. Since the 2012 season, the Orioles (in my rat's ass of an opinion) have been a team that doesn't carry "disastrous" losses over into their next game. They have had losing streaks, they have had cold streaks offensively, but I don't believe that any of them have been results of them not being able to put a previous game's loss behind them.

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES ooo)lllllll......... - 6

BOSTON RED SOX OOOOOOOOOOOO.....llllll))) - 3

o

o

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12th

SCOTT GARCEAU: ) There are 20 games to go, Roy. It's the stretch run.

ROY FIRESTONE: ) Yes, it is. This series could be the one to make or break us. If they can even win 1 out of 3, I think that would still leave the Orioles in decent shape. If they can win 2 out of 3, that would be incredible. That would leave them only 1 game out with 17 still left to play. They would still have 4 at games AT HOME against the Red Sox, plus the schedule wrapped around those 4 games is kind of light, with the Orioles playing 7 games sub-.500 teams (the D-Rays and the Diamondbacks.)

I think they have to win at least 1, though. A sweep cannot happen, as far as the Orioles are concerned

BUT ....... I said the same thing about the Orioles against the Yankees (that they would be fortunate to win one game), and they wound up winning 2 out of 3.

o

All up to Gausman. Porcello has been real tough lately.

Last 14 games: 2.53 ERA .219/.247/.330 - .576 OPS. In those 14 games? Only 7 homers allowed in 99 2/3 IP. That's a 0.6 HR/9 rate.

In those 14 games, he's went 7 or more innings 10 times. As a matter of fact, his last 9 outings in a row have all been 7 or more. During that 9 game stretch he has a WHIP of 0.783. He's walked 5 batters in 67 2/3 IP. That's absurd.

So, good luck Gausman. You're going to have to be near perfect. And have to give the O's some length.

I'd like to see the O's try and load up the lineup with some speed.

o

I would like to see the Orioles to get a cheap home run tomorrow that barely clears the Green Monster, and would otherwise be a long fly ball out in any other Major League stadium.

When you are going up against a pitcher like Porcello, a fortunate break or two can go a long way.

Archived