Would you trade Britton?

jgjbanker

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course it's close. Miller is a beast.

No one in baseball is as unhittable as Zach Britton has been this year. His sinker is the most unhittable pitch in baseball. That's not hyperbole, just the honest truth. Look at the reactions of the hitters to his pitches. They can''t figure out how anyone can throw that hard with that much late movement. Too me, Britton is part of the core you build around along with Gausman, Bundy, Machado and Schoop.

No one in baseball is as unhittable as Zach Britton has been this year. His sinker is the most unhittable pitch in baseball. That's not hyperbole, just the honest truth. Look at the reactions of the hitters to his pitches. They can''t figure out how anyone can throw that hard with that much late movement. Too me, Britton is part of the core you build around along with Gausman, Bundy, Machado and Schoop.

Yeppers!

First off I did say close Tony.

There are other very fine relief pitchers, such as Miller, that are close. I will say that Britton is having the best year of the bunch.

As for his sinker, what about Sanchez?

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-ridiculousness-of-aaron-sanchezs-sinker/

Once again while Britton might be #1 that doesn't mean that others are not in the conversation.

Honestly, as much as everyone loves him, the player I think the O's should consider trading is Adam Jones. He's still good, which gives him good trade value, but he's not quite as good as he used to be, he's pretty expensive, and he's becoming less essential to the team's success. It's hard to imagine the O's trading him, but a younger CF with better OBP and more speed could really help the O's in the longer run.

No. Average closers are replaceable. 43-43 is not. Britton has more WAR than Davis and we are paying Davis much more than we will have to pay Britton. Some times you have to look at a conventional wisdom at take the the particulars into account.

Agreed. Unless you get a crazy offer, you keep him and if for some reason you are out of it next year or 2018 at the deadline, then you can still get some good prospects for him. But when your starters are as bad as ours, then you better have a great closer.

Archived