Strike out kings at 4 and 5 hurts us

Grt 2BA FL Gator

All we needed was a productive out to tie the game and we got 2 K's to end it. I've enjoyed Trumbo's contributions, but we have too much of the same thing on this team. His season splits are incredible too. You can see it in his approach first half of the season (more patient, hit to all fields) vs. now.

Anyways, hope we can at least split this series. I guess this isn't too surprising of a loss having had Gallardo on the bump. Still hurts with that chance to win at the end.

Starting Gallardo is what did us in. Keeping him out there for some insane reason when he obviously had nothing' date=' did us in. The team failing to score 7 and 8 runs sucks, but shoudln't be needed for a win. I'd like to hear Buck explain what his thinking was with Gallardo tonight.[/quote']

So Buck should not start Gallarado or Milley or even Ubaldo earlier on you were saying you going with three man rotation.

Buck stuck with Gallardo far too long. We have expanded rosters. Gausman just went 8 and Britton went 1 last night. You just called up Wright. He clearly didn't have it. Should have been pulled after 2.

That said...Machado, Trumbo and Davis left a combined 15 runners on base. Not a single RBI between them.

Buck stuck with Gallardo far too long. We have expanded rosters. Gausman just went 8 and Britton went 1 last night. You just called up Wright. He clearly didn't have it. Should have been pulled after 2.

That said...Machado, Trumbo and Davis left a combined 15 runners on base. Not a single RBI between them.

This..

That is inexcusable for the 3-5 hitters. Chris needs to sit or be moved down ASAP. Buck continually runs him out in the 4 or 5 spot daily though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy was pretty bad too, so I don't know that getting Gallardo out of the game earlier would have done anything. Honestly after the first inning he wasn't too bad. Poor defense and bad breaks. I thought he pitched OK.

Trumbo and Davis killed us not once but twice with runners in scoring position and less than two out. Combined they were 0 for 8, 2 BB, 4K, and 12 LOB!!!!

Stubbs also looks slow going back on balls over his head. I thought he was supposed to be good in RF.

Stubbs gives us absolutely nothing and hasnt since he came to Baltimore. If Rickard is ready dump Stubbs and get someone who can run after a fly ball, not jog..and someone who can put a freaking bat on a ball.

Stubbs has a serious chance to be out of baseball next year, or at least playing in Japan.

Well, I'm glad we're staying on topic. Anyway, yeah, Trumbo isn't very good. He can hit mistakes a long way and that's about it. I will be pretty mad if the Orioles attempt to resign him.

He will be overpaid and I think we're all in agreement the Orioles will not be the team to do so.

At his current salary though, and for the cost of Steve Clevenger, he's still worth it.

It's truly stunning how awful Dan is at making midseason trades.

Hes been living off reputation for way too long and not off anything positive he's done lately.

Even the sainted trumbo trade is starting to look less and less impressive as trumbo continues his traditional second half collapse.

He's terrible in the outfield and he's been throughly subpar at the plate in the second half. Exactly the player the mariners were getting rid of for a backup catcher, just with a few more he's playing at the Yard.

I'm seriously about done with Dan and Buck both after Buck's recent stubbornness with Kim, Miley and Stubbs and Dan's terrible pitching contracts/Davis extension/awful gutting of our farm system for non-upgrades at mid season.

Does this team feel like a winner to you? Yeah.......me either.

This is what happens when you trade away your only decent options. Undervaluation of the guys traded away and overvaluations of the guys acquire have stuck us in this hole when it comes to starting pitching.

Saying that, Trumbo and Davis need to be moved away from each other. Neither can situationally hit to save their lives.

Archived