If Buck is benching Kim based on poor defense, why is Trumbo still getting regular at bats?

TINSTAAPP

Both are poor defensively but Trumbo has been considerably worse at the plate since the all-star break. He has a line of .184/.263/.422 with a 78 wRC+ in the second half. Throw in his terrible outfield defense and Trumbo's basically been a replacement-level player in the last couple months. Why does Buck give a pass to Trumbo for his poor play while looking for any reason to glue Kim to the bench?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is flat out asinine at this point. I'm tired of all the excuses from Roch carrying the team's water too. It is as blatant as it gets right now, and it could very well be costing us games, and a playoff spot.

I don't think I have ever been this furious over something Buck has done. But I am there. Been there for a while actually.

This is flat out asinine at this point. I'm tired of all the excuses from Roch carrying the team's water too. It is as blatant as it gets right now, and it could very well be costing us games, and a playoff spot.

I don't think I have ever been this furious over something Buck has done. But I am there. Been there for a while actually.

I posted this in the game thread:

Buck decided on Kim in spring training and was only using him because he had no choice. Now that he has a choice, he's back to not using him again. It's the same thing Buck did in Texas and it's one thing that holds him back from being better than he is. He plays favorites and makes judgments and does not do what's best for the team when it clashes with his biases for or against certain players. Kim is hitting .308 and OPSing .810 and he's on the bench; .389 OBP. Buck is a fool sometimes.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that makes me say what I say about Buck. He puts his biases above the team too much. There is no excuse for a guy who is as good as hitter as Kim to be playing second fiddle to a guy like Stubbs and certainly Flaherty.

If Jim Hunter is to be believed, Kim was actually going to pinch hit for Flaherty, but then he was called back because of the game situation, which was two out and none on. That doesn't make a lick of sense to me. It was a one-run game, so a two-out rally isn't out of the question. Besides, doesn't Kim have just as many homers as Flaherty?

If Jim Hunter is to be believed, Kim was actually going to pinch hit for Flaherty, but then he was called back because of the game situation, which was two out and none on. That doesn't make a lick of sense to me. It was a one-run game, so a two-out rally isn't out of the question. Besides, doesn't Kim have just as many homers as Flaherty?

Flaherty has more pop I am thinking what Buck is saying.

To me the benching vs lefties makes sense, I don't get the benching vs RHP. He better be playing tomorrow.

Right now? He has been this team's Baghdad Bob as far back as I can remember.

Flaherty has more pop I am thinking what Buck is saying.

To me the benching vs lefties makes sense, I don't get the benching vs RHP. He better be playing tomorrow.

Flaherty is slugging a cool .321 right now. The only pop he has is in his fridge. Kim's slugging is like 100 points higher.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I posted this in the game thread:

Buck decided on Kim in spring training and was only using him because he had no choice. Now that he has a choice, he's back to not using him again. It's the same thing Buck did in Texas and it's one thing that holds him back from being better than he is. He plays favorites and makes judgments and does not do what's best for the team when it clashes with his biases for or against certain players. Kim is hitting .308 and OPSing .810 and he's on the bench; .389 OBP. Buck is a fool sometimes.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that makes me say what I say about Buck. He puts his biases above the team too much. There is no excuse for a guy who is as good as hitter as Kim to be playing second fiddle to a guy like Stubbs and certainly Flaherty.

Can't say I disagree with any of this.

The arguments all sound great in theory, but you aren't going to just bench the league homerun leader.

I think he should be sitting a couple games a week though until he finds his stroke. I agree, him and Davis both in the lineup can be a killer when they are struggling. Very frustrating game tonight.

Archived