Houston and Seattle are done

ChuckS

Just due to the shear number of wins they need and the number left to play.

Houston is 81-73. Seattle is 81-72.

I think we can all agree that 88 wins is the minimum number it will take to get the second Wild Card or even the play-in game. That means Houston has to go 7-1. Seattle has to go 7-2. Extremely unlikely, especially considering they have a three game series against each other next week.

So it's the Jays, Tigers, and us. May the best two move on!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They both have easy remaining schedules. They're not done. But I think the Yankees finally are.

Seattle will have to sweep Houston in that series to be in play. Very unlikely considering how evenly matched those teams are. Houston is finished.

Not really worried about the teams behind us at this point

That was why I created this thread, to inform everyone that we should not be worried about those teams in case there was some uncertainty.

It seems a little less daunting knowing that you are among two out of three that will get in rather than two out of five. A lot can go wrong for those teams ahead of us down the stretch. We certainly need to win at least five of our remaining games and probably six, regardless.

That was why I created this thread, to inform everyone that we should not be worried about those teams in case there was some uncertainty.

It seems a little less daunting knowing that you are among two out of three that will get in rather than two out of five. A lot can go wrong for those teams ahead of us down the stretch. We certainly need to win at least five of our remaining games and probably six, regardless.

Yeah but i dont think those teams are out of it. I think we need to worry about winning our games and hoping someone above us loses theirs.

So, we just lost 4 games of ground to Detroit in 4 days, but we shouldn't worry about two teams that are 1 and 2 games behind us in the loss column? I don't buy it.

Archived