vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/27

OFFNY

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis' strike zone judgment has been awful the entire season. It seems like he has no idea whether a pitch is a ball or strike and has just been guessing when he's up there. I'm wondering if there's an issue with his eyesight and he needs to get contacts or something.

Im not saying one way or the other

But doesn't Davis have more walks than anyone else this year?

This is not a slump. This goes back to late June. This is how the team was constructed. They don't walk, don't move runners, don't situational hit, don't run the bases well, but do sit back and wait for the home run. Won't go far like that.

I get what you are saying in terms of how this team was constructed, that being said overall they should be hitting better than this. Recent seasons they are pretty good with RISP, 2nd half has been awful.

Davis' strike zone judgment has been awful the entire season. It seems like he has no idea whether a pitch is a ball or strike and has just been guessing when he's up there. I'm wondering if there's an issue with his eyesight and he needs to get contacts or something.

16.1% of the pitches he has faced have been called strikes. Average is 16.9%. He does swing at pitches outside of the zone a little more than average... 19.4% vs 16.9%.

Archived