vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/27

OFFNY

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Davis called strike three's alone have to be more than a majority of other hitters total strikeouts this year.

He's been called out on strikes 73 times this year (before tonight). About 37% of them have been balls for strike 3. I assume the frustration just builds up over the course of the year.

Maybe he was mad at the check swing or keep looking at third strikes.

He should swing at the 3rd strike then. Just because he gets caught looking the majority of the time doesn't mean they aren't strikes. It might mean he isn't very good at discerning a strike on the outside corner.

Agreed.Every strike threel was in the zone.One was pretty much down the middle.

Davis' strike zone judgment has been awful the entire season. It seems like he has no idea whether a pitch is a ball or strike and has just been guessing when he's up there. I'm wondering if there's an issue with his eyesight and he needs to get contacts or something.

He's been called out on strikes 73 times this year (before tonight). About 37% of them have been balls for strike 3. I assume the frustration just builds up over the course of the year.

Davis has 426 called strikes on the year (16.05% of all pitches he has seen on the year). Of those, 148 (34.7%) were balls.

Archived