Win tomorrow and the Jays could be on the ropes

ChuckS

Going into the weekend we could be tied with the Jays with the Tigers a game back. Toronto plays three in Boston, who will be trying to lock up home field advantage where as we get the Yankees and the Tigers get the Braves Definitively easier matchups.

I may be getting ahead of myself because the Tigers have to hold on their lead tonight and win tomorrow. Still a possibility that didn't really seem possible before.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going into the weekend we could be tied with the Jays with the Tigers a game back. Toronto plays three in Boston, who will be trying to lock up home field advantage where as we get the Yankees and the Tigers get the Braves Definitively easier matchups.

I may be getting ahead of myself because the Tigers have to hold on their lead tonight and win tomorrow. Still a possibility that didn't really seem possible before.

This is why I didn't want to take a guaranteed 3-3 in Frobby's scenario. There is a chance we do better than that and knock them out completely. Go for it. If we come up short then so be it.

I had forgotten Toronto played Boston. Yes, I can see them sweating a little bit right now. But it's still safer to root against Detroit.

Agreed. Still need to root for both to lose, but could be interesting over the weekend.

That said, I rather play the Tigers than the Jays especially since the former matchup is more likely to be at home.

Tigers better not look past the Braves. The Braves were my first love before moving to Baltimore 20 years ago. I still regularly check in on them and they have been doing pretty good the past month or so.

Yep, plus no DH in Atlanta. I think a lot will come down to how hard the Sox want the 1st seed. If they see a possibility of knocking out the Jays entirely, it may make that 1st seed more valuable.

Archived