Win tomorrow and the Jays could be on the ropes

ChuckS

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Martin practically walked to first on the final play and that was not an easy play in the hole to SS.

He is pretty old, he has caught 124 games, it is the 9th inning late in the season... I will stick up for him as probably being exhausted and banged up. I think that was it.

Donaldson though, that looked pretty bad.

New York is dominating Boston. Might not be the best place to finish the season.

They were eliminated tonight. That will take some wind out of their sails. Having to play meaningless games (for them) in crap weather, just counting the hours until 6PM Sunday when the long grind is over and they can return to the warmer climes most of them hail from and live a life of leisure.

At least that applies to the veterans. The Kiddie Korps might have a little fight left.

Plus elimination means Tanaka is definitely shut down, he was iffy to pitch anyway. Their bullpen is a hot, tired mess.

At this point, isn't the best outcome to hope for a DET makeup on Monday, then DET flying to TOR and winning on Tuesday, then coming to OPACY on Wednesday?

Would have to think their pen would be toast and really hard to win three games in three cities in three days. That ignores the fact that they may have to win in ATL on Sunday.

Can't sleep on the Yankees. They're playing their young kids.

There's talk that Tanaka will pitch on Saturday, too.

It's not going to be easy. Don't forget we're trotting Gallardo and Miley out there.

Yankees always seem to pitch the O's well, especially in the Bronx. Will be a tough one. Hopefully they can continue to convert on run-scoring opportunities like tonight. Every run is huge at this stage.

Boston rested lots of guys tonight so Yanks were facing minor league roster. Ortiz just played 4 innings no Mookie, or Pedoria and Henry Owens started and some minor leaguers pitched in relief.

Will be interesting how Boston plays the Jays. Do they try and knock the Jays out of the playoffs, or just limp in as the 2nd seed to play Cleveland?

I'm hoping with Yankees eliminated they rest Tanaka. Gallardo and Miley need to have the shortest of leashes this weekend.

Miley's been hot lately, no? And Gallardo... I have a feeling he has at least one good game left in him. I mean, who would have predicted Ubaldo would become this dominant again? Why not?

One good thing about those two is they're veterans. They're not likely to wilt on the big stage - at least not from anything mental.

Miley's been hot lately, no? And Gallardo... I have a feeling he has at least one good game left in him. I mean, who would have predicted Ubaldo would become this dominant again? Why not?

One good thing about those two is they're veterans. They're not likely to wilt on the big stage - at least not from anything mental.

Well. I was in Yankee Stadium almost exactly 1 month ago when the Yankees lit Gallardo up like a candle. Even the outs were hit hard. I hope Buck has a short leash tomorrow.

Archived