Tiebreaker is garbage

bpilktree

Eh, head-to-head is fine as a tie-breaker, considering one team could get 30% more home games in the World Series because of some dopey exhibition game that took place three months earlier. :P

And I'm fine with the unbalanced schedule. I'm really not too keen on seeing the O's play the Mariners more than a few times a year. Give me more games that matter against the teams we hate!

With an uneven amount of games, there is no way to not have one team get one more home game. At the end of the day they beat us one more game then we beat them. If we are tied, they deserve the home game.

You could have each pair of teams play a single neutral site game in lieu of the extra home game for one of the teams. But that probably creates more problems than it solves.

Bigger point is that the unbalanced schedule is garbage.

It has its pluses and minuses. It reduces travel and creates more a of a true division champ because so many games are played inside a division.

The Wild Card teams all play different schedules so those teams compete for the same spots and don't play the same teams.

Bigger point is that the unbalanced schedule is garbage.

I have no desire to see any team for more than 12 games a year. You could have 12 teams against the teams in your division. (48) 9 games against the other teams in your league. (90) That would leave you 24 games against the Other league. You could play half the teams in the other league one year and the other half the next. I am not a fan of playing the Nationals every year.

I'm hoping we can pull it out though. Schedule gives enough of a chance with Tor at Boston for their final 3. Bought my wildcard game tickets yesterday and hope to be driving up from Norfolk to see it

o

Besides yourself, there are 2 other posters here on the OH that have been rooting for this franchise prior to their move to Baltimore in 1954.

Are you the 3rd ???

I'm hoping we can pull it out though. Schedule gives enough of a chance with Tor at Boston for their final 3. Bought my wildcard game tickets yesterday and hope to be driving up from Norfolk to see it

o

Besides yourself, there are 2 other posters here on the OH that have been rooting for this franchise prior to their move to Baltimore in 1954.

Are you the 3rd ???

Who are the first two?

o

I don't remember their screen names. They posted in September of 2014 when the Orioles had clinched the division' date=' and they had stated that they have been fans of the franchise since it was in St. Louis.

I was shocked (and thrilled) to have them still on the ship.) :cool:

Archived