Baldy saved our season!

ACDC27

When Tillman went on the DL the outlook was bleak. Baldy came in and saved our season, say he should've pitched better before this etc... None of that matters sometimes there's nothing better than a good old fashioned redemption story.

I'm not sure who would get my vote for MUVO (Most Unexpectedly Valuable Oriole): Jimenez or Kim? I think Ubaldo.

o

I believe that Dylan Bundy would be on that list, particularly considering the fact that the only reason why he was on the 25-man roster when the season started was because he was out of options.

o

I believe that Dylan Bundy would be on that list, particularly considering the fact that the only reason why he was on the 25-man roster when the season started was because he was out of options.

Another good one, a lot of unsung heroes on this team.

The fact that there are a good number of MUVOs is reassuring. It could be a sign that it's our year--just as Quintanilla, Ford, Manny, Miguel, Saunders, and others made 2012 happen unexpectedly. But let's go further this time around!

When Tillman went on the DL the outlook was bleak. Baldy came in and saved our season, say he should've pitched better before this etc... None of that matters sometimes there's nothing better than a good old fashioned redemption story.

Sure it matters. I'm thrilled that Ubaldo is pitching well now, and wouldn't hesitate to start him in the wild card game based on sustained good pitching my over the last 6 weeks or so. But none of that eliminates the fact that he was terrible for 4+ months and that we would have clinched a playoff spot days ago if he'd pitched to a 4.00 ERA this year instead of in the mid-5's. He "saved" us from a situation that he helped to put us into.

Again, I'm really happy that Ubaldo got it turned around when Tillman got hurt. And yes, if he had continued to be awful we'd almost certainly have missed the playoffs by several games. So yeah, he saved us from that.

Sure it matters. I'm thrilled that Ubaldo is pitching well now, and wouldn't hesitate to start him in the wild card game based on sustained good pitching my over the last 6 weeks or so. But none of that eliminates the fact that he was terrible for 4+ months and that we would have clinched a playoff spot days ago if he'd pitched to a 4.00 ERA this year instead of in the mid-5's. He "saved" us from a situation that he helped to put us into.

Again, I'm really happy that Ubaldo got it turned around when Tillman got hurt. And yes, if he had continued to be awful we'd almost certainly have missed the playoffs by several games. So yeah, he saved us from that.

So, Jimenez in your mind cost us from clinching maybe a week earlier, because of his poor 4 month performance? What about the dismal 2nd half offense, any blame there at all, if they were slightly below mediocre in the 2nd half, we would of clinched a week or so earlier. Can't put all this Ubaldo, not to mention Gallardo's performance among others

So, Jimenez in your mind cost us from clinching maybe a week earlier, because of his poor 4 month performance? What about the dismal 2nd half offense, any blame there at all, if they were slightly below mediocre in the 2nd half, we would of clinched a week or so earlier. Can't put all this Ubaldo, not to mention Gallardo's performance among others

I'm definitely not putting it all on Ubaldo. Many performances can change the outcome of a baseball game, and certainly he had very little impact on the games he didn't pitch (other than taxing the bullpen with his many early exits). But his year as a whole was disappointing and the fact that he ended it well doesn't change that, it merely lessens it.

Actually, I'm not all that surprised about Ubaldo's stellar performances the past few weeks. This guy has a work ethic like very few players have. It's not like he sat there and said, "it's fun being terrible, making my team lose. sitting in the bullpen all day or all night with no one paying attention to me, so I can feel sorry for myself." Or else, "I've got this huge contract, I'm rich so to hell with anyone else." Instead, Ubaldo realized that to help his team (and escape the bullpen), he had to work with his coaches and fix his mechanics. And that's exactly what he did. Now all his hard work is showing.

Let's hope that he continues his progress, this year and the next, I believe that he will.

The Grand Poohbah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :smile11::clap:

I'm definitely not putting it all on Ubaldo. Many performances can change the outcome of a baseball game, and certainly he had very little impact on the games he didn't pitch (other than taxing the bullpen with his many early exits). But his year as a whole was disappointing and the fact that he ended it well doesn't change that, it merely lessens it.

I will agree, Ubaldo's overall performance has been a disappointment. Just thought you were being a little rough on him, saying he was the reason we haven't clinched already

Archived