Would You Trade Chris Davis in a Salary Dump

Aristotelian

Would you offer Chris Davis and a B prospect (Mountcastle? Reyes?) for a D prospect  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Would you offer Chris Davis and a B prospect (Mountcastle? Reyes?) for a D prospect

• Yes
    • No

How much would you give up along with Davis for a D prospect?

I did not like the contract when it was signed, and I like it even less a year later. Is there any chance some team will look at the 30+ HR and take a gamble that CD might recalibrate his Adderall prescription and get back to .260/40+ HR?

I don't know if I can take 6 more years of taking strike 3 in big spots. Never seen anything like it and last night was a case in point.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much would you give up along with Davis for a D prospect?

I did not like the contract when it was signed, and I like it even less a year later. Is there any chance some team will look at the 30+ HR and take a gamble that CD might recalibrate his Adderall prescription and get back to .260/40+ HR?

I don't know if I can take 6 more years of taking strike 3 in big spots. Never seen anything like it and last night was a case in point.

No one would do that deal. You would have to take on a good amount of Chris' salary to trade him.

That would just be continued poor asset management. Trading guys at their low point and signing/holding onto guys at their high point. I was against signing Davis and O'Day. However, sending a prospect just to get rid of Davis is poor as well. Hope for a bounceback year (he's on an every other year projectory) and then look to trade him when you won't have to give value and money just to get rid of him.

As it is, we traded two possible young starters in the last year (Davies and Miranda) to open up spots for pitchers (Gallardo/Miley) who cost more and performed worse. We are going in the wrong direction in terms of bang for our buck.

Sadly, it is possible that this is not the low point of Davis' value. That is the question. He could be worse than this.

There are no "salary dump" trades anymore, especially not for guys 30 or older with some major struggles. With trades you either get prospects in exchange for taking on the bulk of the salary or you give up prospects to get the other team to take on the salary. There's no pure "dump". This isn't the NBA where you can amnesty a contract.

Man you guys crack me up. There's just no way they're going to eat that kind of money, nor should they. He hit 38 HR's this year, they've going to need that when Trumbo leaves.

If he hits .240 next year with 40 HR's and 90+ RBIs and an OBP over .330, which is certainly possible, along with his excellent defense, you wouldn't want that on your team? Come on. You guys need to get over last night.

Archived