Do We Go After Dexter Fowler

ORIOLE33

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Jon Jay? He's 31, a FA, hit .290 this year, and could play CF and lead off. Not sure how good he is in CF and whether he'd be a defensive upgrade to Adam or not.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jayjo02.shtml

His TZ numbers look good. Not a bad idea for RF. You'll never move AJ from CF. It's like moving Jeter from SS.

His TZ numbers look good. Not a bad idea for RF. You'll never move AJ from CF. It's like moving Jeter from SS.

You might be right. I'd like to see it though as he gets into his 30's and his range degrades. Plus, Jay could hit leadoff.

We have to do something. Can't trot out the exact same thing as this year.

I think the O's will add a young outfielder through trade. Probably for minor leaguers and maybe a reliever.

They will also add an outfielder through the Rule 5 draft to replace Reimold.

I think Rickard could replace Reimold. Rule 5 should be for a BP arm who could act as a long reliever.

The O's may have a starter in the pen if they carry 6 starters. They also have Worley who did a pretty nice job this year in many roles including long relief.

Rickard will probably make the team. That would make the outfield: Jones. Kim, Rightfielder to be added, Rickard and a Rule 5 guy.

In addition to fowler, Reddick and Saunders I would also take a look at Carlos Gomez, John jay and Ian Desmond as well.

Desmond is likely to be expensive, but if you structure his deal right you could give him Hardy's money after this year. Jay is just a solid player and someone will probably catch lightning in a bottle with Cargo (tho he may be more of the same he was also a recent MVP candidate.)

This year the O's had Bundy, Kim, Hart, Givens, Rickard, Wilson and Wright as rookies. But somehow fans seem to think that Mancini will be the only rookie on the 25 man roster next year. I doubt that. RF and the 25th man are probably filled with rookies IMO.

Archived