I think our rotation will be better next year

Frobby

I think next years could be the O's best chance. A full year of Gausman/Tillman/Bundy and hopefully a mediocre performance between Ubaldo/Miley/Gallardo. The starting rotation could rival or surpass the 2014 Orioles. Bullpen should be money again. Just need to make the right moves with the position players, especially at catcher.

If Mancini falters at DH, we could add another OBP bat with Sisco.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know we have Gallardo, Miley and Jimenez but I'm hoping we bring someone in to be more consistent at #3-4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping this happens. Tillman, Bundy and Gausman are fine. I could probably tolerate one of the remaining three as the #5 starter, but if more than one is in the rotation, I'll be disappointed.

Not sure i want someone new in spots #3-#4. I'd love another #2 or #3 guy and put Bundy at #4 to start. That would be a nice solid staff, regardless of who gets the #5 spot.

I would have to assume that Sisco gets more seasoning at catcher. Maybe he surprises and makes the team out of spring training. I prefer a stopgap at catcher until Sisco is ready. Orioles can't pay everyone and I don't want sign Wieters to a 3 or 4 year deal. You have to have confidence in your prospects at some point.

I would have to assume that Sisco gets more seasoning at catcher. Maybe he surprises and makes the team out of spring training. I prefer a stopgap at catcher until Sisco is ready. Orioles can't pay everyone and I don't want sign Wieters to a 3 or 4 year deal. You have to have confidence in your prospects at some point.

Pretty much my thinking as well. I don't want Wieters back on at 3 to 4 your deal, if anything if we have to re-sign him I want him back on a one or two-year deal.

I would love to salary dump Gallardo or Miley, but I don't think that's likely to happen.

Tillman / Gausman / Bundy should a solid top 3. I agree that we should see overall improvement out of the trio of Jimenez / Gallardo / Miley.

Definitely a brighter outlook than years past. If Gausman / Bundy take the next step we could really have something special.

I'm fine with Gausman, Bundy and Tillman. For me Gallarado and Jimenez are essentially the same kind of pitcher. We will never go anywhere with both in our rotation. Then theirs Miley who gets hit too easily. Honestly I'd try and trade him to a division rival for the hopes that we could face him a hand full of times.

I expect we will go to spring training with more or less the same rotation candidates as this year, but I think the starters as a group will outperform this year's staff.

- Gausman took a step up this year, seemed to gain confidence as the year progressed and I think he'll take it up a notch.

- Bundy learned a lot during his first year in the majors, will come into the season prepared to start, and will be in the rotation longer.

- Jimenez, Gallardo and Miley are more likely to improve than do worse. There's almost nowhere to go but up.

- Tillman probably is the most likely guy to do worse, but I have confidence he'll be solid.

- We shouldn't see much of Wilson or Wright, but hopefully they learned a bit while taking their lumps and will do a bit better the next time they're called upon.

All in all, I'd hope we could move into the average range next year. It doesn't seem too far fetched to me.

Gausman should be better. If Bundy is healthy, we have two good starters. Ubaldo should be better, but I see no reason why the other two would be better. Gallardo's arm is done.

I expect we will go to spring training with more or less the same rotation candidates as this year, but I think the starters as a group will outperform this year's staff.

- Gausman took a step up this year, seemed to gain confidence as the year progressed and I think he'll take it up a notch.

- Bundy learned a lot during his first year in the majors, will come into the season prepared to start, and will be in the rotation longer.

- Jimenez, Gallardo and Miley are more likely to improve than do worse. There's almost nowhere to go but up.

- Tillman probably is the most likely guy to do worse, but I have confidence he'll be solid.

- We shouldn't see much of Wilson or Wright, but hopefully they learned a bit while taking their lumps and will do a bit better the next time they're called upon.

All in all, I'd hope we could move into the average range next year. It doesn't seem too far fetched to me.

Gallardo is a complete lost cause. Jimenez and Miley can be serviceable pitchers when they have decent command. Gallardo has very fringy stuff at this point in his career which is why he's always nibbling. He knows he'll get hammered if he tries to attack batters in a more aggressive fashion. I don't know how he can be fixed. The Orioles really need to eat some of his salary and find a way to move him or at least find a trading partner who also has an undesirable player they're trying to unload.

In case anybody missed it, Roy Firestone posted in another thread that Buck does not like Sisco behind the plate defensively.

If that's the case, do not look for Sisco to be #1 or even #2 catcher on the 2017 team.

In case anybody missed it, Roy Firestone posted in another thread that Buck does not like Sisco behind the plate defensively.

If that's the case, do not look for Sisco to be #1 or even #2 catcher on the 2017 team.

I'd look to see him not as a defensive replacement, but as a pinch hitter or an alternate DH.

Archived