I think our rotation will be better next year

Frobby

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we unload Jimenez/Gallardo or Miley, I'd want to get Jeremy Hellickson or Doug Fister. I'd love to have Hammel back, but he's been awful the second half of this year

Fister didn't have a great 2nd half.

If you can get something, then trade one of the arms, but lets not unload anybody, to unload.

You never ever know about pitchers and health.

If you can get something, then trade one of the arms, but lets not unload anybody, to unload.

Hammel went full Ubaldo in a bad way, though. If I'm looking to trade for someone if I'm DD, then i'm giving one of those arms to someone. Who we're trading for I hope would fill a hole in RF and bring in an OBP bat.

Gausman should be better. If Bundy is healthy, we have two good starters. Ubaldo should be better, but I see no reason why the other two would be better. Gallardo's arm is done.

I'm hoping that with a full offseason on focusing on strengthening the shoulder muscles, Gallardo may be serviceable next year. At least, better than a 5.42 ERA. We're talking about a guy who never had an ERA above 4.18 before 2016. It could be that his arm is shot and he will never be decent again, but I think we can at least hold out some hope.

In case anybody missed it, Roy Firestone posted in another thread that Buck does not like Sisco behind the plate defensively.

If that's the case, do not look for Sisco to be #1 or even #2 catcher on the 2017 team.

So basically our top two offensive prospects have nowhere to play on the field?

I'm hoping that with a full offseason on focusing on strengthening the shoulder muscles, Gallardo may be serviceable next year. At least, better than a 5.42 ERA. We're talking about a guy who never had an ERA above 4.18 before 2016. It could be that his arm is shot and he will never be decent again, but I think we can at least hold out some hope.

I hope you are right. Too bad we had no warning about his arm. We need new doctors for physicals :)

Yes, Fister did have a bad September but he was solid for 3 out of 6 months last year in what was a down year for him. He pitched a great game against Toronto.

He's a good ground ball pitcher, who eats up innings (which we need), usually doesn't walk alot of hitters (again this year was his worst year), and shouldn't cost that much.

He only signed a 1 yr 7 million deal with the Astros for 2016. Plus he has a good pitching history against Toronto and Tampa.

6 sp atm... so who is in the pen? If you add then who goes and again who is in the pen?

If everyone is healthy I think Bundy is in the pen for at least the first month or two. They'll still want to conserve his innings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived