My Road Trip to Camden Yards 2017

sfosfan

The stars are aligning for me so it looks like I'll fly out for the May 20 game vs Toronto.  That's the same weekend as the Preakness so I'll catch them both if possible.  I can't seem to find the thread for visitors, so I'm looking for a good recommendation for hotel and dinner on Saturday near the ballpark- seems like a bunch of good hotels are nearby.  Thanks in advance!

sfosfan

2 hours ago, sfosfan said:

The stars are aligning for me so it looks like I'll fly out for the May 20 game vs Toronto.  That's the same weekend as the Preakness so I'll catch them both if possible.  I can't seem to find the thread for visitors, so I'm looking for a good recommendation for hotel and dinner on Saturday near the ballpark- seems like a bunch of good hotels are nearby.  Thanks in advance!

sfosfan

It depends on how early you want dinner, what time the game is and what you're up for. I'd eat at Frank and Nick's right by Pickle's, but that's probably packed on game day. Hotel wise, you can't go wrong with staying at the Marriot, which is right down the street from the ballpark. 

3 hours ago, sfosfan said:

sfosfan

Check your PM

3 hours ago, sfosfan said:

sfosfan

o

1) In my rat's ass of an opinion, one of the best-kept secrets regarding hotels is the Baltimore Ramada Inn. It's on the Baltimore-National Pike (NOT the Baltimore-Washington Turnpike), and it's right on the border of Baltimore, Catonsville, and Ellicott City.

It's $60 a night during the week, and $70 a night on the weekends. It's in a great neighborhood with a big shopping centers right across the street, and a big diner right down the road, as well as an Applebee's down the road in the other direction.

They are almost never sold out, as I have gone there when we played the Yankees and the Red Sox, and there were at least 10 or more rooms still available.

Oh, yeah. They have free (continental) breakfast, too.

BALTIMORE RAMADA UNLIMITED

6422 Baltimore National Pike, Rt 695 Exit 15 B,

Baltimore, MD

(410)-788-3900

2) I always park for free in Little Italy, one mile down Pratt Street away from the baseball stadium. That saves $10.

3) I always buy the cheapest seats ($10 upper reserve), and then go sit in the $55 box seats. As long as you don't try to sit in the infield box seats, you should be OK Like yourself, I travel a looooooong way to go to Oriole games in Baltimore.

Patrick .(Oriole Fan From New York)

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

1) In my rat's ass of an opinion, one of the best-kept secrets regarding hotels is the Baltimore Ramada Inn. It's on the Baltimore-National Pike (NOT the Baltimore-Washington Turnpike), and it's right on the border of Baltimore, Catonsville, and Ellicott City.

It's $60 a night during the week, and $70 a night on the weekends. It's in a great neighborhood with a big shopping centers right across the street, and a big diner right down the road, as well as an Applebee's down the road in the other direction.

They are almost never sold out, as I have gone there when we played the Yankees and the Red Sox, and there were at least 10 or more rooms still available.

Oh, yeah. They have free (continental) breakfast, too.

BALTIMORE RAMADA UNLIMITED

6422 Baltimore National Pike, Rt 695 Exit 15 B,

Baltimore, MD

(410)-788-3900

2) I always park for free in Little Italy, one mile down Pratt Street away from the baseball stadium. That saves $10.

3) I always buy the cheapest seats ($10 upper reserve), and then go sit in the $55 box seats. As long as you don't try to sit in the infield box seats, you should be OK Like yourself, I travel a looooooong way to go to Oriole games in Baltimore.

Patrick .(Oriole Fan From New York)

Is it cheaper for you to come to Baltimore for a game versus going to Yankee or Citi field? Just out of plain curiousity 

For a place that serves good pub food and brews, I usually try to walk a few blocks up Eutaw St and drop in at The Ale Wife. It's sort of caddycorner from the Hippodrome. It's far enough from The Yard that's it's rarely uncomfortably crowded. It's open late too, so it's great for after the night games. 

17 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Is it cheaper for you to come to Baltimore for a game versus going to Yankee or Citi field? Just out of plain curiousity 

No, and it's not even close.

When the Orioles were bad, I got tickets to Yankee Stadium for as cheap as 50 cents on STUB-HUB to their games there.

Now that the Orioles are better, I get them for anywhere between $5 and $12.

The notion that it necessarily costs a small fortune to go to Yankee games at Yankee Stadium is a myth,.

If they (the Yankees) are playing the Mets or the Red Sox, it will cost more for the tickets, and you will necessarily sit in the seats that you pay for (unlike the Yankees' home games against all of their other opponents, in which you can simply buy the cheapest tickets available and "upgrade" yourself into one of the thousands of empty seats in front of you.

On 11/28/2016 at 6:12 PM, MDtransplant757 said:

Cheaper? not really.  I haven't flown out to the east coast just for a ballgame yet (long ways from SFO) which means I've never been to OPACY.  I'm way overdue and catching the Preakness as well is a no-brainer.

Archived