Update: O's sign Trumbo to 3yr/$37 mil deal

Dark Helmet

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, billw76 said:

I really hope Trumbo get's more money and goes elsewhere. At this point I'd rather just give Mancini the chance to see what he can do.

And that's how you finish out of the playoffs.  With the payroll we have now we minus well maximize the money we've already spent and bring Trumbo back and add a OF like Pagan or R. Davis.  Just dance with the girl you came with and ride the bullpen and power bats to the trade deadline and see where we're at.  

5 hours ago, weams said:

Wow. He's not like that. It's not him. It's you. I've seen PLENTY of worse Orioles. Plenty. Nice man, good teammate, played a position that he was not cut out for. 

I didn't say he was a worse player. I said I dislike him. Of course it's me. I don't care. There's never been an everyday player I liked less. I think the reason is that he just exposes for me how insanely dependent we are on the home run now, and that's not an offense that I like to watch. 

I'd honestly rather have Rajai Davis. At least he can run and field (a little). 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

And that's how you finish out of the playoffs.  With the payroll we have now we minus well maximize the money we've already spent and bring Trumbo back and add a OF like Pagan or R. Davis.  Just dance with the girl you came with and ride the bullpen and power bats to the trade deadline and see where we're at.  

So it appears in your scenario Trumbo is only a DH. Why pay Trumbo 4/52 to DH when you can get similar production for far less if you're only looking for a DH. Carter is essentially the same hitter over their careers. A platoon of Alvarez and Mancini is likely to be good too. Both of them would be 1 year deals.

8 hours ago, TradeAngelos said:

Did I miss a new 4 year offer to Trumbo or something? Because it was widely reported that the "4 year offer" was not actually 4 years. Minor detail that the local guy glossed over, that the national guys cleaned up within a couple of hours.

I heard it was a four year, without a no trade clause. And the national guys get their news mostly how everyone does. Twitter and the local guys. Ask Dan Connolly or Tony if you want to hear what is reported to be the offer that was withdrawn. 

8 hours ago, crawjo said:

I didn't say he was a worse player. I said I dislike him. Of course it's me. I don't care. There's never been an everyday player I liked less. I think the reason is that he just exposes for me how insanely dependent we are on the home run now, and that's not an offense that I like to watch. 

I'd honestly rather have Rajai Davis. At least he can run and field (a little). 

I understand, I prefer the former of course. But Rajai Davis is not the worst player I've seen. 

20 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I disagree. If we resign Trumbo it needs to be a DH only, he has no business playing the OF. Paying him 52 million to be a DH is not maximizing the money because guys like Carter and P. Alvarez can give similar production at a fraction of the cost, and for less years. An OF like Pagan, R. Davis or Saunders to me is more important than Trumbo. 

Trumbo had a great season, but I don't see him repeating it. 

Archived