Pop up ads in mobile site are locking me out from forum

higgybaby

8 minutes ago, higgybaby said:

When I am on my iPhone visiting the forum I am getting those annoying popup ads that don't allow you to exit the ad to get back to the forum. 

IMG_2006.PNG

On your iphone. Go to settings. 

Then Safari

Switch block pop ups to ON

THEN!

Clear history and websites

Fixed.

1 hour ago, weams said:

On your iphone. Go to settings. 

Then Safari

Switch block pop ups to ON

THEN!

Clear history and websites

Fixed.

Yeah, I've already got it set up for blocking pop ups. And i'm still getting that same ad occasionally. It doesn't happen all of the time but when it does I have to completely close out of OH and open it back up again. 

Just now, higgybaby said:

Yeah, I've already got it set up for blocking pop ups. And i'm still getting that same ad occasionally. It doesn't happen all of the time but when it does I have to completely close out of OH and open it back up again. 

Did you clear your cache?

2 hours ago, weams said:

You still must clear your cache.

Settings. Safari. Clear 

It is a script that you are triggering that resides in your device's browser's cache. 

in addition we do not have any pop ads on our site. This always happens on Iphones and it means you have something loaded on your phone that is being triggered by the flash in the ads, not the site.

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

in addition we do not have any pop ads on our site. This always happens on Iphones and it means you have something loaded on your phone that is being triggered by the flash in the ads, not the site.

Tony, I completely understand what you are saying here. But with all due respect this problem only happened on my phone on your site.

38 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Tony, I completely understand what you are saying here. But with all due respect this problem only happened on my phone on your site.

This occasionally happens to me, too, though it happened more often on my old iPhone 4s (I recently upgraded to a 6).    I will try weams' remedy.

Archived