Update

Belkast

I just spoke with my guy and he tells me the contract with Girardi has slowed a touch due to some hesitation on Girardi's part. We still feel pretty good about it though. My guy feels like it should all be worked out either tonight or tomorrow. If I hear anything differently I'll pass it on.

On a side note, how cool was the Macphail news today? I told you guys he had complete control. Man, this organization will get respect back from the league by the trading deadline. It finally is starting to feel good again to be an O's fan.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As always, thanks for the update.

Belkast, any idea of 2 things:

1) Rebuild..Yes or no?

2) Who is the strong #2 candidate if Girardi says no?

Yes it is believed we will do some rebuilding yet try to be as competitive as possible.

As for the #2 candidate it is Davey.

Yes it is believed we will do some rebuilding yet try to be as competitive as possible.

As for the #2 candidate it is Davey.

So, nothing has changed. PA is still calling the shots. :o:(

Anything but a TOTAL housecleaning is UNACCEPTABLE.

The culture of losing will remain as long as the cast of characters remains the same from Flanny to Crowley to Mora to Gibbons to Miggy,etc......

Why keep putting off the inevitable ? Just do it NOW. Blow it up.

If I had to guess, I'd say they'd finally trade away some pitching at the deadline so guys like Jim Johnson and Garrett Olson can get some quality major league service time and become part of 2008 rotation.

I hope.

SG- I think you will be happy to know the plan is to be buyers and sellers as we move closer to the deadline. This club is finally going to show direction.

But, if we are going to be both buyers AND sellers- doesn't that indicate we are going in different directions ?

This team has no where to go but UP.

I can't recall any team that is in dire need of being blown up than this team.

Just look at our "stars" (Miggy, Mora, Roberts, Bedard) They are all miserable and have had bad attitudes.

We can blow it up, improve the culture, and improve on the field with young, talented, hungry players in my opinion.

At least new blood would be a lot more exciting to watch than this old tired lot of players.

But, if we are going to be both buyers AND sellers- doesn't that indicate we are going in different directions ?

This team has no where to go but UP.

I can't recall any team that is in dire need of being blown up than this team.

Just look at our "stars" (Miggy, Mora, Roberts, Bedard) They are all miserable and have had bad attitudes.

We can blow it up, improve the culture, and improve on the field with young, talented, hungry players in my opinion.

At least new blood would be a lot more exciting to watch than this old tired lot of players.

Of course not.

For example, you trade Miggy and then trade for Crawford.

That is buying and selling.

This is exactly what they should be doing.

Archived