Adam "Real American Hero" Jones

ChuckS

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You picked a strange time to be contrarian.  One of the best catches I've ever seen him make and a great catch.  Looks like full extension to me.  He was able to gather himself a bit before making the jump but I give it a 9 or 9.5 on a scale of 1-10 and it was a fairly big spot.

Well it would have been even better if he could have centered himself between the two flags.

You have to dock him a couple points for that.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Well it would have been even better if he could have centered himself between the two flags.

From a composition stand point, the off centered approach adds depth and reality. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I liked the fact that a Yankee fan (cough Jeffrey M cough) got a stiff punch to the chops in failing to disrupt destiny!  But I'd bet he was a fan of the RD, so he was doing his best JM imitation.

1 hour ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Shameful!

Manny Machado should be waking up every single day thanking God almighty that he was born in this nation. He should turn off that Latin music in exchange for some good ol' Toby Keith. Platanos?!?! Let's exile this traitor.

10 hours ago, ChuckS said:

I'll remember that moment at approximately 1:00 PM EST for the rest of my life.  

Chills down the spine.  

Anyone who doesn't like the WBC.....doesn't like baseball.  Passion, energy, pride.  How can you not love it?

o

1 A.M.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

If I can be contrarian just for a moment:  it's a very good catch, but this picture shows Jones really wasn't at full extension.  He's what, 18 inches off the ground?    It's a very good play but we've seen him make many tougher catches in his career.    

To be reverse contrarian, I'm sure he has made some higher flying plays, but his leap here was mostly horizontal so I'm not sure if the extension off the ground captures the level of difficulty. He's actually on his way down, not up, when he catches the ball, because of how far he had to jump sideways along the wall.

3 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

To be reverse contrarian, I'm sure he has made some higher flying plays, but his leap here was mostly horizontal so I'm not sure if the extension off the ground captures the level of difficulty. He's actually on his way down, not up, when he catches the ball, because of how far he had to jump sideways along the wall.

Superman. Not Captain America.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

If I can be contrarian just for a moment ......  it's a very good catch, but this picture shows Jones really wasn't at full extension. He's what, 18 inches off the ground? It's a very good play, but we've seen him make many tougher catches in his career.  

o

Kind of like reminding everybody that it was Prescott who warned the American colonists about the British coming, not Paul Revere. Revere was detained by the British for several hours, while William Dawes took a spill on his horse, leaving Prescott to alert the American colonists about the British.

Archived