Chance Sisco: 'I'll Be Ready' When Orioles Call

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He only has two passed balls allowed this year. How many does Wellington have?  15. Sure makes up for any defiency in throwing out runners. Do teams even run anymore?  Could Yadiee Molina throw out guys stealing off Ubaldo?

Caught Stealing percentage is overrated. I'd rather have no passed balls and good pitch framing. 

I agree...and he also needs to call a good game.   I think that's more important than anything.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He only has two passed balls allowed this year. How many does Wellington have?  15. Sure makes up for any defiency in throwing out runners. Do teams even run anymore?  Could Yadiee Molina throw out guys stealing off Ubaldo?

Caught Stealing percentage is overrated. I'd rather have no passed balls and good pitch framing. 

Whether caught stealing is overrated depends how often the other teams try to run.    In Sisco's case, not only is his percentage bad, but other teams attempt a ton of steals (74 attempts in 60 games started, 1.23 per start,  about 33% more than the average International League catcher).     The O's allow .70 attempts per game.    That's a big difference.

Two passed balls allowed in 60 starts is impressive, though.   And for what it's worth, BP has him at +2.7 runs in pitch framing.   http://www.baseballprospectus.com/card/card.php?id=102743

Overall, it appears he's made some strides despite the weak CS numbers.    

Just now, Frobby said:

Whether caught stealing is overrated depends how often the other teams try to run.    In Sisco's case, not on is his percentage bad, but other teams attempt a ton of steals (74 attempts in 60 games started, 1.23 per start,  about 33% more than the average International League catcher).     The O's allow .70 attempts per game.    That's a big difference.

Two passed balls allowed in 60 starts is impressive, though.   And for what it's worth, BP has him at +2.7 runs in pitch framing.   http://www.baseballprospectus.com/card/card.php?id=102743

Overall, it appears he's made some strides despite the weak CS numbers.    

I agree.  But teams run in AAA more just like they run in ST more.  Once MLB players hit 25 they ain't about that life.  

I'm ready to see Sisco in September. 

We need to see what we have with him regardless of Castillo being traded at the deadline.  If he shows to be capable behind the plate we can slot him in there for next season.  If not, you start him in Norfolk again in 2018. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2017 at 2:24 PM, PressBoxOnline said:

Orioles prospect Chance Sisco is projected to reach the Majors this season, and the 22-year-old is confident he can emerge as a consistent big league catcher.

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/04/12/orioles-prospect-chance-sisco-ill-be-ready-when-orioles-call

o

(19 WEEKS LATER)

The Orioles have called.

Sisco has previously asserted that he will be ready at said time.

o

7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(19 WEEKS LATER)

The Orioles have called.

Cisco has previously asserted that he will be ready at said time.

o

Ready to sit on the bench until the Orioles are eliminated.   Maybe he'll get some late inning work in a game that's out of hand.   

On 9/1/2017 at 9:48 AM, OFFNY said:

o

(19 WEEKS LATER)

The Orioles have called.

Sisco has previously asserted that he will be ready at said time.

o

On 9/1/2017 at 9:56 AM, Frobby said:

Ready to sit on the bench until the Orioles are eliminated. Maybe he'll get some late inning work in a game that's out of hand.   

o

He said that he would be ready when they called.

How much the Orioles play him is their decision. 

He could be used as a late-inning defensive replacement if either Castillo or Joseph are pinch-run for, and Showalter wants to give whichever catcher that is already on the bench in that game a complete days' rest.

o

On 7/12/2017 at 5:30 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree.  But teams run in AAA more just like they run in ST more.  Once MLB players hit 25 they ain't about that life.  

27 years is the average age of AAA players.
How much higher is the rate of stolen base attempts in AAA than in MLB?

Archived