The Thread in which we post LF'ers we should go after

SilentJames

Again, this team needs alot more than a big bopper.

You guys all need to understand this.

While i agree that this is a need, it is not THE need.

We need A LOT of things.

Where did I say it was the only thing this team needs? It needs a quality LF with some pop like you posted, but it also needs a big bopper. This is, afterall, a thread about LF'ers, and the talk of a big bopper was definitely a segway from Matt Murton who, while has some power and patience, is not by any means an answer to the teams woes. However, he is an answer at LF.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed.

Trax is the big trading chip here. If he can keep up his level of play until the trading deadline, I am sure these NL would be interested. Especially if the Cards and Cubs make some sort of run.

Anyone else?

Um, no.

Trax is not going to net you the sort of player you're going to want to play in LF right away. Not even close.

If he still has a good ERA and a team needs a pitcher. As part of a package, Trax could get more than you think.

Do you figure that OH posters are the only ones that have caught onto the fact that Trax is likely headed for a big collapse?

Rocco Baldelli would be the one I'd see us go after because it likely won't cost much in players to get him and the upside is pretty good. Keeping him out of CF will save his hamstrings.

Because of said hammies I would not give up much, but the Rays will ask for too much.

Even assuming that's true, 3 months of an "OK back of the rotation guy" doesn't get you a whole lot.

Oh i agree...I think you could get an arm like James Hoey or some kind of borderline 3rd/4th OFer type guy. IE, something alot of organizations have but something that could help us now.

Look at his stats the first 2 stints in the majors..Project them out.

The Cubs are morons.

UhOh, Dave's gonna get angry.

Murton is definitely a guy I go after in a big way. But it all depends where the Cubs are. If they remain more than 5 games out of the wild card around the deadline I don't see them selling Murton.

Archived