The Thread in which we post LF'ers we should go after

SilentJames

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Markakis is Larry Bigbie v2.0. Two can play that game.

LOL at "don't have the goods". The Cubs have got more than enough goods.

The wisdom of spending them on Bedard is highly debatable, but you're insane if you don't think they've got more than enough to make an offer that's ridiculously lopsided in the O's favor.

And for you to think the Cubs can match up offers with teams like the Mets, LAD, LAA, Red Sox, DBacks and a few other teams is a joke.

Some of the Cubs top guys are struggling and have alot of doubts about them.

I'd probably think about Pie+Murton+Veal, but I wouldn't do it. We don't have to trade Bedard. You have to blow us away to get it done.

LOL!

I must've read this same comment 100 times last year in reference to Tejada.

Keep waiting to be blown away while your most valuable assets slowly become less and less valuable, and your team stays stuck in the mud.

Well then you can appreciate how ridiculous it is to compare Pie to Patterson, which was the whole point, since apparently you missed it.

It was more of a general comment since I've seen the comparison so often as a slight on Kakes. No disagreement here.

Pie doesn't really tickle my fancy.

A ball at age 18: .734 OPS

A+ at age 19: .812 OPS

AA at 20: .903 OPS (in only 240 ABs though)

AAA at 21: .792 OPS

Majors at 22: .648 OPS (only 128 ABs)

A good prospect, but not the centerpiece of any deal for Bedard.

LOL!

Keep waiting to be blown away while your most valuable assets slowly become less and less valuable, and your team stays stuck in the mud.

Bedard has more value right now than Tejada has had since his second season in Baltimore.

Obviously I love Carl Crawford, but I would also like to see a shuffling of outfielders and giving up a bunch to get Hunter Pence. I'd also consider Milledge (because I think his price tag is coming back to earth.)

I'm also absolutely in love with Pie

And for you to think the Cubs can match up offers with teams like the Mets, LAD, LAA, Red Sox, DBacks and a few other teams is a joke.

Some of the Cubs top guys are struggling and have alot of doubts about them.

What reasonable offer would the Cubs not be able to match???

Not would. Could.

LOL!

There's a comment to be made here to Cubs fans, but I'm not going to go there. After all we're on our own "little" 24 year run here.

Anyway, unless Bedard gets hurt, he's not going to lose value between now and trade deadline 2008. He's ours through 2009. After July 31, 2008, his value will decline.

As for Tejada, I really believe we could have had a much better deal than we had in place last year (Santana and Aybar, from what we heard) if our FO knew what it was doing and if Angelos got the hell out of the way, which I think he might do this year.

It was more of a general comment since I've seen the comparison so often as a slight on Kakes. No disagreement here.

Pie doesn't really tickle my fancy.

A ball at age 18: .734 OPS

A+ at age 19: .812 OPS

AA at 20: .903 OPS (in only 240 ABs though)

AAA at 21: .792 OPS

Majors at 22: .648 OPS (only 128 ABs)

A good prospect, but not the centerpiece of any deal for Bedard.

Pie shows good power potential and i am guessing he is a good defender.

However, coming into this season, he had been caught an astounding 37% of the time while trying to steal and he doesn't walk. He also struck a good amount as well...High K's and low bb's is not usually a good sign for minor leaguers.

As you noted, his OPS weren't great especially since he was in hitters leagues.

However, he was also young for the levels he was at, so you have to take that into consideration.

He certainly could be in a package for Bedard but i wouldn't want him as the centerpiece, which obviously he would be.

Despite what Dave thinks, the Cubs don't have enough to go with him unless they are trading Rich Hill, which of course, isn't and shouldn't happen.

The best package they have to offer is the Murton/Veal/Pie package but Veal and Murton has seen their value drop and Pie has alot of question marks.

Sean Marshall is a decent starter but we have guys like him...We need guys better than that.

The Cubs could match any other fair offer for Bedard.

That doesn't mean they should, or would. Just that they could.

To think otherwise is a joke.

Again what would you trade for Bedard...not could/should the Cubs do it. Even if the Cubs wouldn't trade Pie would you

There's a comment to be made here to Cubs fans, but I'm not going to go there. After all we're on our own "little" 24 year run here.

Anyway, unless Bedard gets hurt, he's not going to lose value between now and trade deadline 2008. He's ours through 2009. After July 31, 2008, his value will decline.

As for Tejada, I really believe we could have had a much better deal than we had in place last year (Santana and Aybar, from what we heard) if our FO knew what it was doing and if Angelos got the hell out of the way, which I think he might do this year.

He's not going to gain any value, either.

The only direction to go is down.

It would go down a little with a poor second half, and it would go down a lot with a serious injury.

Mr. plays-everyday just had his value sliced in half by injury, after it had already been trickling away due to subpar production.

Archived