Time to Call Up Reimold

birdman57

The key is that Payton and Millar are free agents to be. I cannot wait to get these guys off the books. Unfortunately, I do not see us releasing them. The best we can hope for is that we can move them somewhere, someway. Then we can give the young guys a shot. Mcphail will do the right thing and give Reimold a shot somehow this year, I just hope it is done right and that he is giving a fair shot at it.

We don't have to release them...Millar can play first or DH 2-3 times a week and pinch hit...Payton can still get at bats vs lefties...But AUBREY HUFF needs to sit vs lefties, NOT Scott!!!!!!!!!!! Why DT can't get this through his head is beyond me.

If these 2 still suck by the deadline and you can't trade them, then you release them.

They released Gibbons and ate a lot more money than they would these guys.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't matter what I think.

The point is that you keeping rolling out the moronic drivel comment - and it has gotten real old, real quick. The good folks on this board have an opinion just as you have an opinion. Please respect their opinions and please stop calling them moronic drivel - you are better than that, and the this board is better than that.

For the record, I never said your points are invalid. The way you are going about making the point, however, leads a bit to be desired.

Oh, and since you asked, based on the little I know about their situations (in other words, based on their stats) it does appear to me that Reimold and Weiters is each ready to be promoted at least to the next level. As SG just stated I personally have little doubt that Reimold could outproduce Payton and Millar right now. Having said that, I have no idea if promoting him to Baltimore is what's best for his development - and that is what needs to be the priority here.

He is? When did that happen?

We don't have to release them...Millar can play first or DH 2-3 times a week and pinch hit...Payton can still get at bats vs lefties...But AUBREY HUFF needs to sit vs lefties, NOT Scott!!!!!!!!!!! Why DT can't get this through his head is beyond me.

If these 2 still suck by the deadline and you can't trade them, then you release them.

I agree Huff should sit more against lefties, but obviously the Crow and DT must know something we dont as to why Huff plays more than Scott against lefties.

One thing that is a must is that LH should not have a spot on the bench....I see no value in having him here with Cintron. Release him and bring up Reimold and let everything sort itself out.

I'm not reading through all of this but I just don't see the harm in giving Reimold some looks up here. This year should be an opportunity for guys who wouldn't normally earn a promotion on a competitive team.

I'm not saying it has to happen tomorrow but let's get him to Norfolk and prepare him for an eventual move up here.

I agree Huff should sit more against lefties, but obviously the Crow and DT must know something we dont as to why Huff plays more than Scott against lefties.
Whatever they think they know, they are completely wrong...Scott has ALWAYS hit lefties and Huff has been terrible for a while vs them.

I'm not reading through all of this but I just don't see the harm in giving Reimold some looks up here. This year should be an opportunity for guys who wouldn't normally earn a promotion on a competitive team.

I'm not saying it has to happen tomorrow but let's get him to Norfolk and prepare him for an eventual move up here.

I think the rub is between fans that want to see the youth today and those who think they should progress through the system. I understand those who look at what Millar and company are doing and say - hey, our minor leaguers can play better than these bums. But in my humble opinion that is what September is for. The O's will be playing all the AL East teams and you can bet that at least 3 of those teams will be in the middle of the playoff hunt so throw them out there than to see what they are made of.

I have seen this freaking organization be so impatient over the past couple of years. I think patience can be seen in planning for the long term and I think that MacPhail has a plan.

I think the rub is between fans that want to see the youth today and those who think they should progress through the system. I understand those who look at what Millar and company are doing and say - hey, our minor leaguers can play better than these bums. But in my humble opinion that is what September is for. The O's will be playing all the AL East teams and you can bet that at least 3 of those teams will be in the middle of the playoff hunt so throw them out there than to see what they are made of.

I have seen this freaking organization be so impatient over the past couple of years. I think patience can be seen in planning for the long term and I think that MacPhail has a plan.

Do you want us to win anytime soon?

You all are suffering from Alex Ochoa syndrome. You think somebody hitting .280 with 15 homers is a great prospect. That's mediocre. A great prospect is someone who hits .330 and 30 homers. Reimold's performance is mediocre. He will need a lot of care and feeding to make it.

You all are suffering from Alex Ochoa syndrome. You think somebody hitting .280 with 15 homers is a great prospect. That's mediocre. A great prospect is someone who hits .330 and 30 homers. Reimold's performance is mediocre. He will need a lot of care and feeding to make it.

Mediocre? Do you know what OBP and OPS are? Do you understand plate discpline, power, extra base hits, good defense, etc....

He has been far from mediocre.

It doesn't matter what I think.

The point is that you keeping rolling out the moronic drivel comment - and it has gotten real old, real quick. The good folks on this board have an opinion just as you have an opinion. Please respect their opinions and please stop calling them moronic drivel - you are better than that, and the this board is better than that.

For the record, I never said your points are invalid. The way you are going about making the point, however, leads a bit to be desired.

Oh, and since you asked, based on the little I know about their situations (in other words, based on their stats) it does appear to me that Reimold and Weiters is each ready to be promoted at least to the next level. As SG just stated I personally have little doubt that Reimold could outproduce Payton and Millar right now. Having said that, I have no idea if promoting him to Baltimore is what's best for his development - and that is what needs to be the priority here.

Well, we are not in disagreement here. I am only saying that it is better to err on the side of caution and not rush these guys to the ML. Certainly they should be promoted to the next level. But I think the argument that they should be promoted immediately to the ML, is as SG would say, beyond a joke. As is the argument that there is no such thing as promoting a player before he is ready or that if done so it can't be harrmful to his develpopment. From now on I will refrain from such offensive terms as "moronic drivel" and stick to "beyond a joke" since that seems to be the acceptable form of ridicule for an opinion that you don't agree with.

My best guess is because the O's want to trade Huff more than they want to trade Scott. Therefore he needs to play Huff as much as possible to showcase him/establish a market.

Whatever they think they know, they are completely wrong...Scott has ALWAYS hit lefties and Huff has been terrible for a while vs them.

Except for this year, when for some reason Huff has been hitting them better than Scott.

How about answering my question. How does it harm Reimold to wait until he has hit AAA pitching with the same plate dicipline and then bring him up in Sept?

We saw with Markakis and we're seeing with Jones that adjusting to the ML level doesn't happen overnight (unless you are a Bruce like phenom). Why not get him up in July or August and give him a few months at the MLB level so that hopefully he's ready to play well from the start in 2k9?

Except for this year, when for some reason Huff has been hitting them better than Scott.

You are right, but it is a small sample size

Scott is 4 for 25 with 0 home runs and 6 k's

Huff is 12 for 59 with 1 home run and 12 k's

However, I think if you ran them both out there in the same number of at bats the difference would be negligible in my opinion.

See, this is a misinformed opinion.

Archived