I Have A Take On Manny's "Hotdogging It".

ORIOLE33

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/25/2017 at 1:13 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Because Manny is trying to pull every pitch instead of making good contact, which worked for him until the all star break last season.  

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/79811/real-or-not-manny-machado-should-be-better-mlbs-filthiest-pitch-of-the-year

I was hoping we'd see Manny  in spring training and the start of the season revert back to the hitter he was before last season's ASB, when he was hitting over .300 with an OBP in the upper.300s.  That  hasn't  happened, unfortunately.  He's still hitting for a poor average, and not walking much.  He has to go back to hitting the ball where it's pitched, and not trying to clobber every pitch.

3 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

Well, that's interesting, given that there's never been a $400-Million-Dollar-Man.

Nor will Manny be one, even assuming he ends up having a good 2017 and a good 2018.   That's a bunch of media hyperbole.   

Harper could do it IF he puts up 18 WAR in 2017-18, which I wouldn't count on.   

1 minute ago, ORIOLE33 said:

That would be a lot of money tied up two overrated players. Stanton isn't going anywhere. No one is going to pay him what he's getting from the Marlins.

Never said I thought it was a good idea for them to do it, just not to overlook them as a potential destination.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

The National media is finally following my lead on this one, I've been saying it for years.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2017/5/28/15707118/mlb-rumors-manny-machado-marlins

I also believe the Marlins are a lot more likely than people expect. Definitely not going to accuse Machado of racism, but seems like he is someone who is blatantly "race aware". He gravitates a lot more towards other Hispanic players and the Dominican pride thing we saw from him with the WBC was probably the biggest display of public initiative in his entire career. The Orioles might be the 'whitest' team in baseball, and if that's a factor then someone like the Marlins or maybe the Angels could offer a more appealing environment to him.

Just now, BobDylanBundy said:

I also believe the Marlins are a lot more likely than people expect. Definitely not going to accuse Machado of racism, but seems like he is someone who is blatantly "race aware". He gravitates a lot more towards other Hispanic players and the Dominican pride thing we saw from him with the WBC was probably the biggest display of public initiative in his entire career. The Orioles might be the 'whitest' team in baseball, and if that's a factor then someone like the Marlins or maybe the Angels could offer a more appealing environment to him.

I haven't seen any numbers in decades and I'm not going to bother to look at rosters and compare but I don't think this is true.

14 minutes ago, Superbee83 said:

Way to dog it on that ground out to short Manny. While you were loafing down the line Correa took about two extra steps. You missed an opportunity to get on base and to raise that .222 average. 

Ludicrous remark.   

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Ludicrous remark.   

How is it ludicrous to point out that obvious ( Machado was thrown out by 8 to 10 feet on a play that should have at least been a bang bang play) on a thread about Machado's hotdogging?

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It wasn't obvious to me at all.   

You obviously accept that Manny is not going to bust it down the line on a            seemingly  routine play. ( Ludicrous to me,)

That was a case where He may have been able to beat out that throw with some real effort.

Archived