I Have A Take On Manny's "Hotdogging It".

ORIOLE33

Manny is certainly making life easier for infielders. The word is obviously out that he doesn't run out grounders and they are taking a lot of extra time to make sure their throws are perfect. Altuve almost walked the ball to first on Manny's ground out with the bases loaded. I think he was a little shocked that Manny didn't even jog out of the batters box. And slowed down and took couple of crow hops towards first before lobbing it to first. Gotta wonder how the other guys are feeling about Manny. The O's had two guys reach on errors because they did run out a grounder.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BobDylanBundy said:

I also believe the Marlins are a lot more likely than people expect. Definitely not going to accuse Machado of racism, but seems like he is someone who is blatantly "race aware". He gravitates a lot more towards other Hispanic players and the Dominican pride thing we saw from him with the WBC was probably the biggest display of public initiative in his entire career. The Orioles might be the 'whitest' team in baseball, and if that's a factor then someone like the Marlins or maybe the Angels could offer a more appealing environment to him.

What a load of rubbish!

2 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Manny is certainly making life easier for infielders. The word is obviously out that he doesn't run out grounders and they are taking a lot of extra time to make sure their throws are perfect. Altuve almost walked the ball to first on Manny's ground out with the bases loaded. I think he was a little shocked that Manny didn't even jog out of the batters box. And slowed down and took couple of crow hops towards first before lobbing it to first. Gotta wonder how the other guys are feeling about Manny. The O's had two guys reach on errors because they did run out a grounder.

If the word is out why would he be shocked?

That makes no sense.

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

Man, I'm telling ya. I wouldn't have said this a couple of years ago, but I'm not against Manny being traded. As long as they get some serious prospects.

2 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

I have to believe that it is not a real warm and fuzzy clubhouse when the team is in the middle of a seven game losing streak and the best player on the team is not hustling. Like the OP stated in his initial post, I put this situation with Machado on Buck;s shoulders. He is enabling Machado to display his lack of effort by writing his name in the lineup everyday. Both Machado and the team are slumping and Showalter has let this issue become worse by allowing Machado to play with his heart on his sleeve. IMO,Machado should have been given a couple of games off after the Twin series. 

• 2 months later...

I'm somebody who believes the whole "Manny is a hotdog" thing is way overblown.     At the same time, I'm not going to award Manny a medal for running hard on a play where he clearly had a decent chance to beat the throw if he ran hard.    I expect all players to do that.

48 minutes ago, Kevinod00 said:

I have to bump this thread. Did anyone else notice Manny's hustle in beating out an infield single last night? I have personally noticed a new fire in him (not to mention everyone else on the team). 

Did not see that play but I saw Beckham get out of the box hard on his infield single, first hit as an Oriole.

Archived